Unity Game Developer at Gallium Studios
We need one to Work closely with artists, designers, and engineers to implement Unity-based features and supporting those features through tooling as needed
Required experience and skills:
- 3+ years experience with the Unity3D platform
- Experience of C# programming and/or other relevant object-oriented and type-safe programming language
- Experienced knowledge of Unity shaders and demonstrable experience with Unity’s Universal Render Pipeline is required
- Ability to work well within a dynamic, cross-discipline, and iterative team environment
- Self-motivated, collaborative, excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
This is both a tactical and strategic role, with growth potential. We’re looking for someone creative, who takes initiative and can execute at a high level with minimal supervision. We especially appreciate experience with simulation games.
Gallium Studios is a small independent studio of industry veterans started by Will Wright. We develop fun, quirky games in the simulation and strategy genre with rich artistic content and a player-first perspective.
This is a remote work position. The studio is in Berkeley, CA so the ideal candidate would be located in the Pacific or Mountain time zones. The candidate also needs to have access to high-speed internet and be able to coordinate via video conferences with team members.
- Work closely with artists, designers, and engineers to implement Unity-based features and supporting those features through tooling as needed
- Implement user interface screens, transitions, animations, and VFX
- Support content creation pipelines, tool development, and workflow improvements
- Build performant, sustainable, and maintainable technologies and code
- Expected to work in an AGILE environment, sprints, etc.