Front End Engineer (React) at Clever Jobs Aggregator
Seeking a Front-end Engineer to solve deep problems with a platform-wide User Interface platform for rapid application development.
- 2 years of front-end engineer experience
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent years of experience
- Experience with ReactJS and usage of class based and functional components
- Passion for making dynamic, performant, enterprise web applications
- Understanding of SDLC and the technical and business challenges that come with development of a product
- Self-drive and a desire to work hard, cranking through a backlog.
- Thorough, methodical, problem solver and creative with extreme attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. This role must easily be able to have clear communication over email, IM, phone, and in person.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Self-driven and a desire to work efficiently and produce high quality
- Expert at time management as well as working & finding answers to questions independently
- Experience with hooks and Redux or any other state management library.
- Experience with unit testing in UI frameworks
- Experience with traditional software patterns and application architecture
- Experience with a broad range of HTML5 API’s
- Experience developing with accessibility standards in mind
- Experience with object-oriented, functional, logic, and imperative programming
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
- If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We work with more than 2,500 institutions to drive transformative change through data-driven insights and best-in-class capabilities. From kindergarten to college to career, EAB partners with leaders and practitioners to accelerate progress and drive results across five major areas: enrollment, student success, institutional strategy, data & analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). We work with each partner differently, tailoring our portfolio of research, technology, and marketing and enrollment solutions to meet the unique needs of every leadership team, as well as the students and employees they serve.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their communities. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
For more information, visit our Careers page.
The Role in Brief:
Front End Engineer
Seeking a Front-end Engineer to solve deep problems with a platform-wide User Interface platform for rapid application development. The role involves supporting the development of a new programming language and the components it uses to construct interfaces.
Open to remote or can be based in one of our EAB locations; Washington, DC., Richmond, VA., or Birmingham, AL.
- Aid in the development of solutions that support consistent information architecture, taxonomies, visual standards, interaction patterns, and use cases across multiple applications
- Self-start and steward your implementations through the software development process ensuring you champion the standards of the UX team in every development challenge
- Follow common sustainable page design, management, and development methodologies
- Perform testing at the page & source for presentation layer defects
- Writing React Components
- Writing in Typescript to solve deep software language and classical computer science problems
- Developing accessible solutions across the platform
- Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Generous PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing or non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and are committed to fostering a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.