Front End Engineer II at Clever Jobs Aggregator
We are looking for a creative, customer-obsessed & detail-oriented Front End Engineer.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, computer engineering, or related technical discipline (or the equivalent).
- Follows best coding practices, including peer code reviews and unit and integration tests.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
Want to work on new expansion initiatives within Sponsored Brand Ads team? Want to work on creating new Sponsored Brand Ads for our customers (both shoppers & advertisers) displayed across multiple pages on Amazon.* and power a multi-billion dollar advertising product?
Amazon Brand Advertising and Shopping Experience (BASE) is on a mission to make Amazon the best in class destination for shoppers to discover, engage and build affinity with brands, making shopping beautiful, delightful, & personal. Our Team creates new Sponsored Brand Ads experiences (both shoppers & advertisers) displayed across multiple pages on Amazon.* receiving millions of ad impressions and clicks daily, but are only just getting started.
Things unique to this role:
- Proven to be a highly profitable product => Provides stability for long term career planning and growth.
- Customer facing product => Requirements are driven by ground truth. Also, ability to showcase solution to loved ones.
- Opportunity to work with fellow Front-End Engineers on the team => You will NOT be the only FEE in the team, hence great opportunity to learn & discuss about front-end problems from other FEEs
- Great work/life balance
What you will work on:
We believe strongly in experimentation, iterating quickly and getting feedback from our customers. As a member of this team, you'll will lead the efforts to help our advertisers increase their shopper reach by delivering on new expansion initiatives, accelerate innovation, and maximize advertiser return on investment. This involves deep understanding of the sponsored brands front-end architecture and technologies and the employment of cutting edge techniques. If you are someone who seeks out new challenges and are excited about creating highly performant latency-neutral pixel perfect products alongside working with Product Managers and UX Designers, then you should definitely apply for this job.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a creative, customer-obsessed & detail-oriented Front End Engineer. In addition to being technically deep you need to have exceptional product ownership and the ability to own a project from inception through to release and operations. We need someone who loves learning, seeks out new challenges, is able to design and write reliable, maintainable and high-performance code and be able to work in a quick moving, iterative and highly collaborative environment.
- Intense customer focus (we really can’t stress this enough)
- 3+ years industry experience in software development and full product life-cycles
- 3+ years of hands on coding skills with front end, web or mobile development
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Experience with object oriented design and development
- Experience in building solutions of sizable scope and complexity
- Sharp analytical abilities, tech design skills, excellent communication skills
- Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit: not afraid to invent and try new things, take calculated risks
- Enjoy proactively coaching, mentoring, and teaching colleagues within and outside their team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation, including medical or religious accommodation.