Web Development Opportunities at SuretyBonds.com
We’re looking to hire developers of all experience levels across our technology stack. So, even if you think you’re not a perfect fit for this position, we still encourage you to apply if:
How you will work:
- You will be an engaged participant in checking/testing both your and the rest of the team’s work
- Engage in problem analysis from both engineering and non-engineering staff, and collaboratively map that into a project plan
- You will work closely with the entire development team and company leadership/stakeholders
- What you need to know (or be willing to learn):
- Proficient in NoSQL databases - we use MongoDB
- Experience building and consuming REST APIs
- Familiarity with Git
- Comfortable in Linux servers and the command line
- Experience with AWS, Ansible, Docker, and/or micro-service app architecture
- Interest in the insurance industry
- Experience writing tests for software - unit, integration, end-to-end, etc.
- Characteristics of a SuretyBonds.com Development Team Member
- Positive, solution-oriented thinker who is willing to take initiative and add value where they see it.
- Does not practice gatekeeping, and is open to ideas from all experience levels and skillsets.
- Quick learner and eager to help and/or learn wherever needed.
- The capacity and desire to take ownership and accountability of a project.
Pay negotiable commensurate with experience
- Come join one of the best places to work in Columbia, MO! Our development team is at the core of SuretyBonds.com’s industry-leading technology products and innovations. We are a small and growing team that prides itself in our modern tech stack: React, Next JS, TailwindCSS, Node JS, Express, MongoDB, AWS, Docker.
- We’re looking to hire developers of all experience levels across our technology stack. So, even if you think you’re not a perfect fit for this position, we still encourage you to apply if:
- You enjoy working autonomously as well as collaborating with team members when launching industry-leading user interfaces and/or backend services.
- Most importantly, you understand the inherent value that comes along with questioning the status quo, which enables you to break down complicated concepts into simpler and easier processes.
Interested in joining our Development Team?
We are hiring for all skill levels, so while we don’t expect you to meet all of the following, here are some of the responsibilities, skills, qualifications, and interests we expect you to have (depending on experience). We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
What you will do:
- Maintain and refactor existing web applications, and develop new applications and features
- Collaborate with other team members through code reviews, design sessions, and meetings
- Act as project lead on feature requests
- Understand and influence company vision and strategy
- Work with company leaders to inform product roadmapping, identifying bugs and devising solutions for these problems
- Provide system support on in-house applications
What sort of schedule should I expect to work?
We’re pretty flexible. Our home office is open from 7 AM to 7 PM CST so our Production and Customer Care Teams can easily service clients nationwide. Development Team members typically work sometime between 8 AM CST and 6 PM CST and have a regular daily standup at 9 AM CST. Positions on our Development Team can be either fully remote or hybrid (if located in Columbia, MO).
What can I expect to earn?
- Starting pay is negotiable and commensurate based on the skills and experience you would bring to our Development Team.
- A few of our many company benefits include:
- 6% 401K matching
- 20% time – Every Friday you decide what you work on – learn something new, test out a new feature, etc.
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible health, vision, and dental plans sponsored by the company
- Fun and casual work environment - no dress code!
- Monthly company events that foster camaraderie
- Full benefits available
- Flexible health, vision, and dental plans to help you be healthy.
- Monthly company events
- Whether it’s a pie tasting, happy hour, MLB game, or family picnic, enjoy getting to know co-workers.
- Excellent 401k plan
- Up to 6% matching to help secure your future!
- Tuition reimbursement
- Continue to learn and grow by taking advantage of our continued education program.
- 3 weeks paid time off every year
- Take time to travel or catch up with loved ones. Try both simultaneously – if you dare!
- Fun and causual work environment
- Rock your flip flops year-round! If you like cheese puffs, bring enough to share.
I’m definitely interested! How do I apply?
Please email your resume to [email protected] and tell us about yourself, your experience, which position you’re interested in, and why you think you’d be a great addition to the SuretyBonds.com team.