Web Developer at Computer World Services
Our team will provide CDC with required scientific, technical, and operational services, to provide information technology database support services for NCHHSTP.
- Education & Experience
- Requires a BS/BA degree (or equivalent)
- Requires 4-7 years of related experience
Industry certification consistent with position (desired)
Candidate must be a US Citizen
Computer World Services is seeking a Web Developer to support the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD, and TB Prevention (NCHHSTP) with information technology services support for the National Prevention Information Network (NPIN) Program.
NPIN, at its inception was the CDC National AIDS Clearinghouse, and designed to facilitate the sharing of information and resources among individuals, organizations, and networks working in HIV prevention, treatment, and support services. Today, NPIN remains an important source of CDC and partner information and resources, serving professionals dedicated to the prevention of HIV, viral hepatitis, STDs, and TB. Most NPIN products and services are accessible by the public via digital channels including web and social media.
Project objectives include information technology support services for the NPIN Program to:
- (a) Support CDC and NCHHSTP efforts to provide timely information and resources to prevention partners through innovative approaches to knowledge/information transfer to improve public health practice.
- (b) Connect partners in public health through collaborative communication, innovative technology solutions, and customer service.
- (c) Provide Web-based online databases, information resources, and online technical assistance to support CDC divisions and state, tribal, and local health departments.
- (d) Support and apply innovation using digital channels to enhance connection among and engagement with prevention partners and stakeholders to maximize health impact of NCHHSTP’s programs
Our team will provide CDC with required scientific, technical, and operational services, to provide information technology database support services for NCHHSTP. The candidate will support efforts providing services to implement the NCHHSTP NPIN program by executing work in the following areas: A) IT Operation and Maintenance - For NPIN to continue to provide web-based online databases, information resources, and innovative collaborative tools supporting the operation and maintenance of IT systems. B) Integration Services - To continue to provide innovative technical solutions, integrating new technical components into the existing NPIN system including the integration of technical components, information technology components, and documentation. C) Digital Government - services are needed to provide public health professionals and the general public access to NPIN organizational and material databases through digital and electronic means. D) Software Development - NPIN requires the development of customized database applications, and web 2.0 applications.
The successful Web Developer will be able to support tasks including: Task 2 – Digital Media Channel Development & Enhancement; Task 3 - Database Development, Analysis, and Maintenance; Task 4 - Special Data Products; Task 5 - Accessibility Review and Remediation; Task 6 – Usability and User Experience
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Experience with NextJS will be a big plus.
- Knowledge of Docker based development and experience with CI/CD will be a big plus.
- Designs and develops software solutions for websites and mobile applications that engage users and meet business requirements.
- Supports web administrators and designers through the full development lifecycle and contributes to the development of new site features.
- Develops, implements, and debugs web code.
- Create top-quality Web content from concept to deployment with meticulous attention to detail.
- Shall possess expertise with HTML, CSS, creating/editing efficient graphic elements for the web, and creating content that is accessible (i.e., 508-compliant).
- Must undergo Public Trust Background Investigation check
- Other (Travel, Work Environment, DoD 8570 Requirements, Administrative Notes, etc.)
- Work will be performed primarily at telework location
- Some local travel to meetings and briefings may be required in Washington DC Metro Area or Atlanta, GA
Computer World Services is an affirmative action and equal employment opportunity employer. Current employees and/or qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Computer World Services is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Computer World Services will ensure that individuals with disabilities (IWD) are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Aaron McClellan in Human Resources at
314.952.5138 or URL blocked - click to apply.
Get job alerts by email. Sign up now! Join Our Talent Network!
Employers will see your profile when they are sending a job in your skill.
Create Your Profile (simple)