Web Developer at Bethany Christian Services
As Web Developer, you will be primarily responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of Bethany websites.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Web Development, Web Design, or related field of study;
- Three (3) years of experience in a similar role or comparable hands-on experience through internships and volunteer roles, preferred;
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics;
- Working knowledge of Git source control and code review processes;
- Basic knowledge of SEM and SEO concepts and best practices;
- Experience with website content management systems, Orchard preferred;
- Familiarity with marketing automation platforms, HubSpot preferred;
- Familiarity with the following tools a plus: Facebook Business Manager, Raiser’s Edge, Dynamics CRM, Conductor, Sprout Social, ClickUp, and PowerBI.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Active motor vehicle license and a reliable automobile with adequate insurance coverage;
- Ability to pass a criminal history screen, including state and local child protection agency registries;
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Commitment.
Bethany is changing the world through family. We began our work by serving one child more than 75 years ago. Today, Bethany is an international Christian nonprofit partnering with communities in more than 30 states and in several countries around the world. We strengthen and preserve families, support displaced people fleeing danger, and find safe, loving families for children who need them. Bethany is at the forefront of creating and implementing solutions to meet the growing needs of vulnerable children and families in the U.S. and around the world.
As Web Developer, you will be primarily responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of Bethany websites. This individual will be focused on designing, creating, and modifying web-based applications in accordance with policies and procedures established by Bethany’s Information Technology team. As a key member of Bethany’s Design and UX team, the Web Developer will collaborate with marketers, designers, and content creators to provide a world-class user experience; leveraging internal platforms and third-party tools to ensure proper tracking and reporting.
This position is expected to function effectively with moderate supervision while following the guidelines given on procedures, along with agency, federal, and state regulatory requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, build, and write supporting code for websites and web applications;
- Research, implement, and test industry-leading UI practices on Bethany’s websites;
- Implement updates utilizing a mix of coding, CMS, and third-party tools.
- Train and support others within the marketing team in the use of Orchard CMS;
- Develop, install, and maintain tracking for user activity through Bethany’s websites;
- Write sustainable code with appropriate logging and monitoring functionality;
- Develop and validate test routines, along with the schedules to ensure that test cases imitate external interfaces and address all browser and device types;
- Document the configuration of web applications;
- Document test plans, testing procedures, or test results;
- Design and build landing pages in Orchard CMS as needed;
- Complete tasks as assigned in the various digital marketing tools used by Bethany’s marketing and communications department, including but not limited to: Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Business Manager, HubSpot, Raiser’s Edge, Orchard CMS, Dynamics CRM, Conductor, Sprout Social, ClickUp, PowerBI, and more;
- Maintain an understanding of current web technologies or programming practices through continuing education and reading;
- Collaborate effectively across Marketing and other corporate departments, as needed;
- Collaborate, as necessary, with applicable vendor partners;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We value and embrace the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion; our culture is strengthened and our workplace is more dynamic. We are a global organization with multicultural staff, clients and stakeholders, so we strive to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. More work remains, but we are deeply committed to honestly acknowledging and addressing the impacts of race and racism throughout the organization. This work can be uncomfortable and even painful, but we believe that the greatest challenges bear the greatest rewards.