VP Engineering at mobility start-up at FINN
As a member of the engineering management team, working together with the CTO, the VP Engineer will lead up to 7 engineering teams, to ensure a vision and technical strategy together with Tech Leads.
// Your Profile
- Graduated top of your class with a Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent from a top-tier university.
- Experience (3+ years) in a multi-team lead role. More than 6 direct reports are required (30+ indirect reports). Managing people is just as exciting as managing software.
- Proven track record (5+ years) in software engineering of larger projects, preferably B2B, B2C, or SaaS products
- Ability to constantly see the bigger picture and manage to inspire others with your visions. You are always one step ahead through anticipatory action.
- You are building and working in high-performance, strong cross-functional software development teams (Coding skills are a must)
- Profound knowledge of React, Python, NodeJS or Go
- Passion for shipping CI/CD is a must. Putting code live every day is a given
- “Never-stop-learning” attitude and a desire to develop and grow
- Passionate about people, and improving the environment in which they work
- You are fluent in English
At FINN we strive to make mobility fun and sustainable by bringing a true e-commerce experience to car ownership and offsetting all CO2 emissions along the way. Join our dynamic and fast-growing team to build the most popular auto e-commerce platform as we launch new product lines and expand internationally. We work with the best car brands in the world and are backed by leading global investors.
As a member of the engineering management team, working together with the CTO, the VP Engineer will lead up to 7 engineering teams, to ensure a vision and technical strategy together with Tech Leads. This includes best-of-class engineering recruitment and personal development of every single engineer.
- Lead a world-class engineering team: You are responsible to build and lead a world-class engineering team. You will go the extra mile to coach and develop the team members on a daily basis.
- Enable the growth of FINN: Best software to support business. Together with your cross-functional engineering teams, you ship new features for our cloud platform. Thereby you actively participate in delivering the best software possible for our customers and business units
- Strive for excellence: You strive to deliver the best possible experience for our users by empowering them through effective software.
- Ensure fast and scalable architecture: You are still hands-on and able to hold a technical discussion with our engineers. Just people management is not enough.
- You build it, you run it: Together with your team, you build features with a “you build it, you run it” mindset and are responsible for testing, deployment, and monitoring of your code. Yes, we believe in Serverless.
- Contribution to FINN’s overall strategy: Being part of the executive team you contribute to finn’s overall strategic planning to support its future growth.
// Our Values
- Customer first - Always focus on our customers’ needs. Reduce complexity, increase quality.
- Own it - Be entrepreneurial in everything you do. Take responsibility for your individual and finn's overall goals.
- Embrace the struggle - Apply attention to detail and don't shy away from tough decisions. Never stop getting your hands dirty.
- We grow and succeed together - We help each other to succeed as a team and grow as individuals. We love to fight and to win together.
- Be honest and open-minded - Always speak out the truth, even if it hurts. Dare to be authentic and embrace others' authenticity.
// What We Offer
- Founders who focus on product and developer needs while building the most popular mobility provider
- A highly motivating environment where you can grow and learn by working on ambitious challenges together in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent fixed salary.
- Significant virtual equity share of the company.
- 3,000€ yearly personal development budget - We constantly motivate you to learn, grow, advance your potential and be the best version of yourself.
- Full visa support - For you and your family
- We love and live agile as a SCRUM team, with open boards, regular retros, and daily stand-ups.
- Join an open-minded tech organization with a “best tool for the job” attitude. You have the freedom to choose your equipment, accessories, editors, tools, and technology and are given plenty of room for learning and experimentation.
- A great, modern office in the middle of Munich.
- Loads of fun with amazing colleagues and team events you will not forget.
- You want to drive your own FINN car? - Get one with our employee discount program or make use of many more benefits we are offering.
// Interested in Joining?
Please upload your CV and transcripts online. Our Hiring Managers Andreas Wixler and Henriette Brune are looking forward to your application and will get back to you as soon as possible!
// Equal Opportunities for Everyone
FINN is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristics.