Video DevOps Engineer at NBCUniversal
in this role You will become a part of a team that deploys and supports applications at facilities across the country and business-to-business delivery of 24/7 Live content.
- 3+ years of prior DevOps experience or equivalent
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures and Linux/Unix administration and
- Experience in working with Terraform, Ansible and Chef for software/infrastructure automation and configuration
- Experience in software development and infrastructure as a Code development process and Proficient in Git, Git commands and various Git workflows
- Experience with video encoding vendors such as Harmonic, Elemental, Synamedia, Evertz
- Familiarity with streaming protocols and codecs (TS, HEVC, H.264, HLS, CMAF, SCTE-35, SCTE-224, ESAM, SRT/RIST)
- Experience with IP networking and interfacing with cloud-based networks, good understanding of the core networking fundamentals
- Experience developing software/scripts that leverage Microsoft Graph API
- Experience with developing and deploying containerized systems
- Great design and problem-solving skills
- Willing to take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced agile. environment. Requirements change quickly and our team needs to constantly adapt to moving targets
- Ability to create user interface designs based on client workflows
- Experience with CI/CD build and deployment practices
NBCU’s Distribution Engineering is responsible for the automation and reliability of NBCU’s Live sources. Reasonable for the delivery of 200+ NBC and Telemundo stations and Cable networks, and live events like sports, news and entertainment content to third party providers and Peacock.
NBCU’s Distribution Engineering is looking to add a talented Junior DevOps Engineer to be part of our Video Streaming team to build automation solutions to deploy and maintain applications, focusing on scalability, reliability and resiliency. We are looking for a dynamic team player who is an owner, accountable and passionate about technology. You will be working on high-visibility projects serving millions of viewers for industry-leading sporting and entertainment events, such as the Super Bowl, Olympics, Premier League, and America’s Got Talent.
You will become a part of a team that deploys and supports applications at facilities across the country and business-to-business delivery of 24/7 Live content.
- Develop automation to create, update, delete video workflows
- Deploy and maintain remote systems across the country.
- Automate the CI/CD pipeline and leverage tools and applications related to it and continuously improve the process and technologies around it.
- Participate, facilitate, and/or lead large or complex troubleshooting activities that require significant judgment and reasoning outside area of expertise
- Communicate, plan, provide status, and resolve issues related to new cloud engineering initiatives.
- Serve as L2 Support for a 24/7 Operation, participating in an on-call rotation for off-hours support.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.