UX Manager at fabric inc
You will lead, admin, and drive Design-led operations while giving ongoing creative feedback to UX & UI designers, questioning the status quo and incorporating creative feedback from all levels along the way.
- A hard worker
- Inspired by great design
- Love being challenged
- Friendly, communicative
- Humble yet confident
- Empathy driven; Both towards customers & teammates
What You Bring to The Table:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- 7+ Years of experience in Digital design, UI+GUI, full-stack product design
- Stellar portfolio demonstrating both technical skills & creative thinking
- A keen eye for details
- Willingness to learn, iterate and reiterate
- Proficient written & oral skills
- A superpower to operate and invent optimally while under pressure
- Superb skills in Sketch, Figma, Invision & Adobe creative suite
It’ll be great if you also (Bonus):
- Have an engineering/industrial/graphic Masters degree
- Have experience in leading teams of 5+ designers across disciplines
- Have experience building scalable Design Systems
- Have eCommerce and/or SAAS experience
- Worked in an agency, creative studio, or startup before
- Have experience involving Accessibility best practices in your design & review cycles
Who we are:
Fabric is a modern commerce platform that gives retailers tools to create world-class shopping experiences for mid-market enterprises. We champion a new, harmonious way of doing business that emphasizes connectedness and collaboration over competition and dominance. This is showcased in our products that rely on microservices, APIs, and easy integrations, and in our globally distributed team that genuinely cares about its customers. Our founders directed groundbreaking commerce initiatives at Amazon, Staples, Google, and eBay. We're growing fast and looking for more awesome people to join us.
Your Next Career:
Our UX Manager is, first off, a stellar designer. You will lead, admin, and drive Design-led operations while giving ongoing creative feedback to UX & UI designers, questioning the status quo and incorporating creative feedback from all levels along the way. You are as good at balancing shifting priorities as you’re good in giving direct, nuanced feedback. You will report directly to the VP of Design & UX at Fabric, who will work closely with you to ensure a comprehensive, holistic creative vision at Fabric, and will be a fundamental addition to our Product Design & Creative Studio teams. You will be working closely with project managers, lead engineers, and directors of Marketing, Sales, and Product, driving the future of headless eCommerce. You will join a multi-faceted, uber-talented team of product, visual, and UX designers, and be the spearhead of ensuring best practices across multiple departments and full cycle deliveries. You will be responsible to expand our Agile for Design teams ways-of-working set forth by our VP of Design, and lead daily scrums, ongoing design reviews and managing shifting priorities on a daily basis. You will consistently ensure that the highest level of visual implementation, research artifacts, and prototyping are met.
As the right-hand to our head of design, you will be responsible for ongoing design operations’ needs as well as help define and strategize ongoing initiatives. You will strive to create a fine balance of high-level deliverables along with a healthy work-life schedule for the designers and researchers in your team. You will plan out, launch and drive creative & cross-departmental workshops, while ideating, designing, testing, reiterating, and sometimes - pixel-perfecting high fidelity prototypes yourself, for a wide variety of Enterprise tools, applications, and marketing needs. You will be responsible for delivering high-quality visual insights, pixel-perfect high-fidelity design documents, and setting the bar for our upcoming Design System, working with peers and clients throughout the entire product development lifecycle.
Your empathy and patience towards customers, higher ups and teammates - is a core quality of your approach to design leadership, as is your successful and effective engagement with a wide range of stakeholders.
We’re looking for an EQ-driven, highly skilled, multi-faceted UX manager who’s an excellent communicator to join our fast-paced (yet work-life conscious) marvelous design team. If you’re looking to challenge your skillset, grow in different directions, and be inspired by top talent in the field: this is the place for you.
- Be the core member of our Design Operations team, driving fast-paced as well as long and hefty projects to the finish line
- Lead daily standups, peer-review and lead-review sessions diligently, while incorporating best practices in your ongoing reviews
- Initiate and drive user discovery sessions, design thinking discussions, and journey/empathy mapping workshops to unlock a cohesive understanding of our users’ pain points & blockers
- Deliver designs on-time for sprint cycles continuously, while constantly raising the quality bar
- Lead design-centric projects hands-on from beginning to end; through internal + exec reviews, internal testing, and UAT insight to pixel-perfection
- Learn, relearn and share best practices with peers and higher-ups
- Ensure adherence to best-in-class methodologies, research & brand consistency standards
- Scan, critique, redesign & grow our internal Design System, while inspiring designers & peers
- Relentlessly seek user feedback and validation; rework your deliverables accordingly; repeat
What We Bring to The Table:
- Competitive compensation packages
- PTO and Holiday plans
- Diverse, vivid, multi-cultural environment
- Benefits packages which include Medical, Dental, Life, and Vision
- Fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
- A team invested in you both personally and professionally
- Real growth opportunities
- Education packages
- Fully remote environment
- Happy hours from home!