UI Designer at Contravent LLC
We’re looking for a solid one to join our team. Take a look at the requirements below to get a sense of what we need.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 5+ years design experience, agency or otherwise.
- Fluency in Sketch/Figma and Adobe CC.
- Absolute mastery of Microsoft Excel. (Not really. Just making sure you read all the bullets.)
- A built-in curiosity for the craft; sketching, prototyping and an understanding of when & how to push the boundaries of user interaction.
- Ability to work well with other humble creatives to ensure the best of our collective knowledge and experience informs our output.
- Experience shipping high-quality designs and assets that please stakeholders, end-users and make life for our developers easier.
Do you sweat the small things? Do you use Figma, Sketch and Adobe XD like some kind of modern-day mash-up of Michelangelo and Merlin? Do you judge every website you visit based on their user-experience? Do you find yourself wanting to submit anonymous feedback & reviews for all the apps you frequent? Do you hate reading copy? Are you already bored of this job listing because of all the words you’ve had to read?
Great! You sound a lot like our next UI designer. We’re looking for a solid one to join our team. Take a look at the requirements below to get a sense of what we need.
WHAT YOU DO
- Craft beautiful user-centric experiences (both new and utilizing existing pattern libraries).
- Understand the business strategies that inform your executions.
- Come up with novel ideas—not just replicas—to make your designs and prototypes pack a meaningful punch.
- Be part of an amazing internal teams, accept feedback, and collaborate with other designers, copywriters and CDs to build solid work that drives results.
- Provide a solid POV, with the ability to see both the big picture and the smallest of details simultaneously.
WHAT YOU BE LIKE
- Be a pro. Respect the people around you, be on time, keep a positive attitude, and always look for ways to be part of the solution.
- Be collaborative. Work with designers to come up with ideas, solve problems, talk about what TV shows you’re binging, and crank out cool work together.
- Be in touch. Stay coordinated with your project managers, account peeps, and vendors to get work done on time, on strategy, and on budget.
- Be available and accessible, especially as we embrace remote working. And don’t miss meetings if possible.
- Have a “yes and” mentality. That means be thinking of what else you can do. What can you add to make each project better, a pitch more complete, the agency a better place to be.
- Be happy and scrappy. It’s the Contravent motto. You should be ready to get your hands dirty doing anything—and do it with energy and good vibes. If we didn’t mean it, we wouldn’t have put it on stickers.
WHAT YOU ASPIRE FOR
If you care about digital experiences, being part of a forward-thinking company, or working at a place that has a speakeasy next door, then you’re going to dig working at Contravent. But besides those things, we also care about the career and skill development of every employee. So, if you higher aspirations, come and kill it at all the things listed above, and then look for ways to stretch even more. In the meantime, there’s a lot of great work to be done, projects to pitch in on, and fun to be had with likeminded creators, designers and technologists.
WHAT YOU DO NEXT
Click apply. We’ll take a look at your portfolio and we’ll get in touch if we think you might be a good fit.