Test Software Engineer at VSP Global
The Test Engineer is responsible for developing and executing comprehensive suites of automated test plans and test cases.
Typically has the following skills or abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or other related Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years’ experience in testing mid-sized to large enterprise applications, which should include experience in functional specification review, design specification review, and designing test processes/test cases
- Understanding of software testing methodologies
- Must be proficient in working with SQL
- Must have experience creating Microsoft or Nunit unit tests
- Attention to detail and a strong desire for quality
- Demonstrated experience with testing tools (e.g. Test Director WinRunner, Quick Test Professional, Load Runner/Performance Center, jMeter), including recording and creating advanced scripts
- Experience with the use of a defect-tracking utility
- Familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with and knowledge of QA processes, methodologies, and testing techniques, including negative tests, functional tests, White/Black box tests, automated and manual test processes, test case design, scripting and execution, regression testing, operational readiness tests, etc.
- Familiarity with issues involved in testing in multi-tier environments
- Ability to estimate, commit to work deadlines and work in a disciplined software development environment
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, process, time management, and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Meet/exceed organization's best practices, expectations, and standards
The Test Engineer is responsible for developing and executing comprehensive suites of automated test plans and test cases, maintaining and adding to existing automation framework, continued evaluation of test cases for inclusion in regression, automation for newly integrated features, developing, executing, and analyzing the results for load and performance tests, and development of toolsets to augment QA and Development testing.
- Create, maintain, and execute automated test plans for VSP Global software systems identifying test automation opportunities to be incorporated into the testing cycle
- Enhance and extend the automation library and framework
- Write specialized testing tools for use in testing our software platform
- Build automated tests to validate application performance and functionality
- Perform whitebox testing and increase code test coverage
- Possess, maintain, and further develop a thorough understanding of quality assurance practices, automation techniques, and tool creation
- Mentor QA Specialists and other staff members on quality assurance practices, automation techniques, and basic load and performance tests
- Participate in the product development lifecycle, from requirement analysis and design through testing and rollout, to ensure that the product meets business needs and that system and software requirements are verifiable and quantifiable
- Participate in code reviews, inspections, and walkthroughs
- Develop detailed test plans, specifications, test cases, and test data sets that validate functional, performance, and load test requirements, and update existing test procedures based on requirement changes and test analysis
- Analyze test results, and identify, document, and report root causes for test failures by working with the development team and the defect-tracking system
- Provide feedback on a timely basis on project and testing status and any risks foreseen during project execution, as well as assess the confidence in all items tested
- Support the development of User Acceptance Test Readiness plans, test procedures, and testing
- Collect metrics and provide status reports on test engineering activities to line and project management
- Make recommendations to improve product reliability, performance, quality assurance best practices. and processes
- Remain current on new technologies; introduce applicable technology in alignment with VSP goals and for creative solutions
- Guide change with a focus on optimal outcomes
Compensation range for the role is listed below. Applicable salary ranges may differ across markets. Actual pay will be determined based on experience and other job-related factors permitted by law. As a part of the compensation package, this role may include eligible bonuses, equity and commissions. For more information regarding VSP Vision benefits.
VSP Vision is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or protected veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
As a regular part of doing business, VSP Vision (“VSP”) collects many different types of personal information, including protected health information, about our audiences, including members, doctors, clients, brokers, business partners, and employees. VSP Vision employees will have access to this sensitive personal information and are subject to follow Information Security and Privacy Policies.
Employers will see your profile when they are sending a job in your skill.
Create Your Profile (simple)