Test Automation Engineer at Jack Henry & Associates
Test Engineers in Automation will evaluate, review, and test new or modified software programs to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conforms to established guidelines.
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of experience as an Automation Engineer or Software Developer.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of work experience with C#.
- Must be able to travel up to 5% to attend a JHA meeting, training, and/or professional conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Software Engineering.
- Experience with Selenium.
- Experience testing with financial services products.
- Experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server or Azure DevOps.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office 365 suite and or applications.
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Creates and maintains moderately complex automated scripts. Develops reusable automated scripts from a variety of interfaces.
- Schedules and performs testing as assigned; submits errors and issues to development for correction, and retests once errors have been corrected; tests corrected code. Tracks defects and causal analysis to closure.
- Coordinates and monitors moderately complex automation projects from initiation through delivery. Ensures that automation projects are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Establishes/maintains communication with manual testers/teams to ensure new automation and automation maintenance needs are met in appropriate timeframes.
- Prepares automated test plans and test scripts for software corrections and enhancements. May review test plans and test reports.
- Uses automated Quality Assurance systems to facilitate daily activities.
- May maintain test environments/data to be used with test automation.
- Executes and reports results of automated scripts in test management tools. Presents reporting of automation progress as requested.
- Analyzes script results and reports issues as requested. Performs code reviews of automated scripts from team members.
- Provides assistance with running automated tests and training on automation to other teams as requested. Provides technical assistance to other members of the automation team.
- Understands and debugs scripts developed by team peers.
- May assist and instruct software developers in designing test cases for unit testing.
- May assist and instruct in creating use cases for UMLs.
- May create and maintain test libraries, databases, and test environments.
- May assist with any software changes for documentation update or correction.
- May assist with alpha and beta testing; prepares enhancement test plans used at beta site.
- May assist with the education and training of software enhancements and conveying corrections to other employees.
Jack Henry & Associates, a leading provider of technology solutions and payment processing services primarily for the financial services industry is hiring a Test Automation Engineer (Mid Level) to join the Digital IS (Internet Solutions) team. The IS Digital team develops, installs, and supports internet banking, mobile software, retail delivery, and platform solutions for use by banks and credit unions running on JHA and Symitar core platforms.
Test Automation Engineer will design, develop, and maintain reusable automated test scripts. Our Automation team works with quality assurance (QA) to automate manual testing and adhere to current automation strategies and best practices. Test Engineers in Automation will evaluate, review, and test new or modified software programs to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conforms to established guidelines.
This position requires excellent coding skills as well as strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with multiple teams within the company. The ideal candidate is able to multi-task and independently prioritize, ensuring all of their internal customers are given the best support possible.
This position will be filled to work at the following Jack Henry office locations: Lenexa, KS, Springfield, MO, Charlotte, NC, Allen, TX, or Remotely within the U.S.