Test Automation Engineer at Jack Henry and Associates, Inc.
We need one Creates and maintains moderately complex automated scripts. Develops reusable automated scripts from a variety of interfaces.
What you’ll need to have:
- 4 years of experience in dedicated automation using continuous integration and delivery.
- Experience with Kotlin and Kotlin test frameworks such as Kotest.
- Experience with UI test frameworks such as Jasmine and Selenium.
What would be nice for you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience with BDD style testing.
- Experience with Spring Framework.
- Experience with Flyway or other database migration tools.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Cloud native platforms.
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Strong knowledge of software testing lifecycle.
- Able to review system and functional requirements and extract data to use in preparing automated test plans and scripts.
- Able to meet deadlines and handle multiple and complex projects.
- If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement on this posting, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet motivated people who align with Jack Henry’s mission and can contribute to our company in a variety of ways.
At Jack Henry & Associates, we deliver technology solutions that are digitally transforming and empowering community banks and credit unions to provide enhanced and streamlined user experiences to their customers and members. Our best-in-class products are just the start as we lay the groundwork for the future of digital banking and payments. We hope you'll join us. We can't do it without you.
The OpenAnywhere Team's mission is to give people the best possible experience they can have with their finances. We're doing this by re-imagining the digital presence of financial institutions and building products that empower and delight their users. Our strong vision and strategy to make digital banking personal is at the heart of our partnership with community banks and credit unions. We invest in relationships, and it shows in every facet of our platform. A healthy local economy where everyone is valued as a person opens economic opportunities to build a better world.
This Test Engineer will have the opportunity help build out a fresh from the ground up test automation suite in cooperation with our product, design, and engineering teams. We are constantly keeping our applications up to date with the newest development practices to offer exciting user experiences for highly secured data. Our platform is primarily Kotlin, Java, Spring Framework, and PostgreSQL. We’re looking forward to building out a comprehensive test suite on top of our current integration and unit test suite to better prepare for our accelerated growth.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Creates and maintains moderately complex automated scripts. Develops reusable automated scripts from a variety of interfaces.
- Coordinates and monitors moderately complex automation projects from initiation through delivery.
- Establishes/maintains communication with manual testers/teams to ensure new automation and automation maintenance needs are met in appropriate timeframes.
- Prepares automated test plans and test scripts for software corrections and enhancements. May review test plans and test reports.
- Uses automated Quality Assurance systems to facilitate daily activities.
- May maintain test environments/data to be used with test automation.
- Executes and reports results of automated scripts in test management tools. Presents reporting of automation progress as requested.
- Analyzes script results and reports issues as requested. Performs code reviews of automated scripts from team members.
- May assist and instruct software developers in designing test cases for unit testing.
- May assist and instruct in creating use cases for UMLs.
- May assist with any software changes for documentation update or correction.
- May assist with the education and training of software enhancements and conveying corrections to other employees.
- May create or assist with creation of manual tests.
- May perform other job duties as assigned.
Why Jack Henry?
At Jack Henry, we pride ourselves through our motto of, "Do the right thing, do whatever it takes, and have fun." We recognize the value of our associates and believe much of our company’s strength and success depends on their well-being.
We demonstrate our commitment by offering outstanding benefit programs to ensure the physical, mental & financial wellbeing of our people is always met.
Culture of Commitment
Ask our associates why they love Jack Henry, and many will tell you it is because our culture is exceptional. We do great things together. Rising to meet challenges and seeking opportunities is part of who we are as an organization. Our culture has helped us stay strong through challenging times and we credit our dedicated associates for our success. Visit our Corporate Responsibility site to learn more about our culture and commitment to our people, customers, community, environment, and shareholders.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business—and our society—stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education, training, social, and recreational activities to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by local, state or federal law.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.