Tech Lead Engineering at mobility start-up at FINN
Experience building and working in high-performance, strong cross-functional software development teams (Coding is a must)
// Your Profile
- Graduated top of your class with a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or in a similar field from a top-tier university
- 3+ years of leadership experience in a fact-pace software development environment
- Led a team of at least 4 software engineers. Managing people is just as exciting as managing software
- Proven track record (5+ years) in software engineering of larger projects, preferably B2B, B2C, or SaaS products
- Experience building and working in high-performance, strong cross-functional software development teams (Coding is a must)
- Profound knowledge of Python, or NodeJS or Go
- Passion for shipping CI/CD is a must. Putting code live every day is a given
- You have a “never-stop-learning” attitude and a desire to develop and grow
- Passionate about people, and improving the environment in which they work
- You are fluent in English
At FINN, we create software that manages thousands of vehicles and customers on a daily basis. As a Tech Lead, you are directly responsible for building the best tools and infrastructure to support our departments. You will hire and lead an international, world-class engineering team of up to 4 reports. If your skills are known around the globe, and you love to contribute your ideas to a growing company in the heart of Munich then apply now.
- Hire and lead an incredible team: You are responsible to lead a team of up to 4. You will go the extra mile to build, develop and coach the team members on a daily basis. You are the technical role model, growing and succeeding together with your team.
- Best software for finn: You actively participate in delivering the best software possible for our customers and business units. Together with a cross-functional team, you will be responsible to build tools and applications focused on automating the most frequent tasks. You are also responsible to continuously improve our software and infrastructure to ensure our massive future growth.
- Boost our growth and profitability: You strive to deliver the best possible software, enabling us to maximize our growth and profitability.
- You build it, you run it: We operate on a “you build it, you run it” mindset. Therefore, you are responsible for testing, deploying, and monitoring your code. No physical hardware and yes, just Serverless.
// Possible Departments
- Development Operations: You are directly responsible for building and maintaining the best application infrastructure to support all our software engineering teams. Your achievement in this role would be to spawn a whole application stack with a single CLI command and maintain our core infrastructure. You strive to ensure well-known software development principles for applications scaffolding, monitoring, and alerting.
- Operations: Your team will build custom tools that enable fleet managers to handle the most frequent tasks with ease. Your goal will be nothing less than a fully automated car fulfillment directly impacting the industry.
- Fleet: Your team will be responsible to build custom tools for procurement, yield, and car sales managers. This involves developing a holistic residual value tool including the needed data infrastructure as well as order and deal benchmarking tools.
- IT Administration: You are directly responsible for building and maintaining the best IT infrastructure, enabling your colleagues to work smoothly every day. You will sharpen the vision of our internal IT infrastructure to ensure massive growth and scalability.
- User Acquisition: Your team is responsible for a stellar experience on our homepage, native app, and checkout. You will directly work to introduce new features on web or mobile that improve our customer experience for our main revenue channels.
- B2B: You are directly responsible for building a true enterprise experience for our B2B customers on all platforms, and build custom tools that enable BDRs in a fully automated way.
- Finance and Data: You will be responsible for developing cutting-edge data tooling and infrastructure, providing finn with the best information about its cars, customers, and operations. Further, you support your department with tools for achieving sustainable financial performance.
// Our Values
- Customer first - Always focus on our customers’ needs. Reduce complexity, increase quality.
- Own it - Be entrepreneurial in everything you do. Take responsibility for your individual and finn's overall goals.
- Embrace the struggle - Apply attention to detail and don't shy away from tough decisions. Never stop getting your hands dirty.
- We grow and succeed together - We help each other to succeed as a team and grow as individuals. We love to fight and to win together.
- Be honest and open-minded - Always speak out the truth, even if it hurts. Dare to be authentic and embrace others' authenticity.
// What We Offer
- Founders who focus on product and developer needs while building the most popular mobility provider
- A highly motivating environment where you can grow and learn by working on ambitious challenges together in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent fixed salary.
- Significant virtual equity share of the company.
- 3,000€ yearly personal development budget - We constantly motivate you to learn, grow, advance your potential and be the best version of yourself.
- Full visa support - For you and your family
- We love and live agile as a SCRUM team, with open boards, regular retros, and daily stand-ups.
- Join an open-minded tech organization with a “best tool for the job” attitude. You have the freedom to choose your equipment, accessories, editors, tools, and technology and are given plenty of room for learning and experimentation.
- A great, modern office in the middle of Munich.
- Loads of fun with amazing colleagues and team events you will not forget.
- You want to drive your own FINN car? - Get one with our employee discount program or make use of many more benefits we are offering.
// Interested in Joining?
Please upload your CV and transcripts online. Our Hiring Managers Andreas Wixler and Henriette Brune are looking forward to your application and will get back to you as soon as possible!
// Equal Opportunities for Everyone
FINN is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristics.