SW Engineer - Typescript/JS or Python at Stats Perform
You, as a Software Engineer, will be working on the Autostats Pipeline team. We industrialize the collection of tracking data from broadcast video of sporting events.
Who You Are...
- A Teammate that believes that we all work better when we work together. Collaborating with others is a key part of the job.
- A Sports Fan who understands that clubs make multi-million dollar decisions based on the data your team provides.
What we need you for...
- Use modern cloud engineering best practices to create scalable systems to generate tracking data from broadcast video, feed that tracking data into AI models to recognize formations and plays, and deliver the combined tracking and play data to customers.
- Contribute to all aspects of software engineering including design, testing, implementation, deployment, documentation, and support.
- Problem-solve, either individually or with others, across multiple disciplines including computer vision, artificial intelligence, automating workflows, and API development.
- Collaborate with software engineers on your team and across the company.
- Update legacy software to follow modern best practices and handle new requirements.
- Utilize pair programming and peer review as needed to ensure knowledge sharing and code quality.
- Python statistical modeling with NumPy and Pandas (not required, we will train)
- AWS/Cloud – SNS, SQS, ECS, Lambda, Batch, API Gateway (not required, we will train)
- DocumentDB and DynamoDB Databases (not required, we will train)
- Microservices/Design Patterns (not required, we will train)
- Terraform (not required, we will train)
Who we are…
Stats Perform brings unmatched depth and breadth of data, sports research, news and video content, and unrivaled data and AI-powered solutions to sports media and broadcasters, technology companies, global brands, sportsbooks, teams and leagues, and fantasy providers.
Stats Perform’s extensive list of customers includes four of the top-five most popular global sports broadcast companies, seven of the top-10 global tech companies, all of the top-10 sportsbooks and seven of the top-10 football (soccer) franchises. We collect more than 30 million unique data points and distributes them to more than 1,800 customers, reaching over three billion fans a year.
What you will be doing...
You, as a Software Engineer, will be working on the Autostats Pipeline team. We industrialize the collection of tracking data from broadcast video of sporting events. Our team designs, implements, tests, and maintains microservices built on Amazon Web Services to coordinate all aspects of the tracking data collection process. We work closely with User Interface, Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence, and Operations teams to deliver tracking data for thousands of matches per year.