Support Engineer at Ollie Pet
As a Support Engineer at Ollie, you will be responsible for helping to investigate and triage customer support issues while helping track down any underlying bugs.
- Understanding of API systems, including technologies such as REST and JSON
- Understanding of a relational database (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.) including knowledge of SQL.
- Experience in a technical customer support role preferred
- Excellent communication & collaboration skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Self-starter, positive and excited to work with a small dedicated team
- Passionate about using technology to streamline business processes
- Dog Parent or Lover
- Interest in or understanding of e-commerce platforms
- Experience with Django
- Experience with React
- Experience with Jira
- Experience with using version control (git, svn, etc.)
- Experience with JSON Schema and OpenAPI
- Experience with task based systems
- Experience with DataDog
- Experience with Sentry
- Experience with Linux systems
Ollie was born with the mission of improving the lives of pets and pet parents nationwide. We make human-grade pet food, tailored for each dog’s nutritional needs, and deliver directly to our customers’ doors. Through Ollie’s carefully crafted meals and health services for members, dogs can truly live their healthiest, happiest lives.
As a member of our growing team, you’ll take part in a company culture that cares deeply about its work and its team members.
As a Support Engineer at Ollie, you will be responsible for helping to investigate and triage customer support issues while helping track down any underlying bugs. You will help the team by creating tickets for bugs and working directly with engineers to identify their root cause. Additionally, you will be working directly with the customer experience team to help them troubleshoot and potentially solve any API issues they may have. You will use tools such as our internal customer support frontend, Jira, system logs, direct database queries and information in our E-Commerce platform as part of your investigations.
This position is great for you if you are a curious, collaborative, and open-minded engineer. We are looking for someone who thrives in a small team environment and is excited to learn from teammates in a collaborative environment. You are an excellent communicator and who is passionate about tracking down problems to help make a better product. You enjoy working with a cross functional team to support the ongoing development of our platform while enabling customer support success.
This role is based remotely within the U.S. and will report to the Platform Tech Lead.
What you’ll get
- Competitive pay and a stake in the company
- Sponsored 401k program with employer match up to 4%
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental and vision
- Flexibility to work remotely
- Unlimited vacation policy that you're actually encouraged to use
- Paid parental leave
- 1-week paw-ternity leave for new dog parents
- Free Ollie subscription
- Inspiring pack members!
Our compensation range reflects salaries across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $90,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $120,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Salary is one part of Ollie’s holistic total compensation package which also includes equity, health coverage, 401(k), and other benefits.
If you'd like to stand out, tell us in your cover letter why you're interested in joining Ollie and how your skills match the responsibilities detailed in this posting.
Ollie embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Ollie is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please include that in your application.
Employers will see your profile when they are sending a job in your skill.
Create Your Profile (simple)