Staff Software Engineer - ServiceNow Applications at servicenow
Company Description At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities.
“This position requires passing a ServiceNow background screening, USFedPASS (US Federal Personnel Authorization Screening Standards). This includes a credit check, criminal/misdemeanor check and taking a drug test. Any employment is contingent upon passing the screening. Due to Federal requirements, only US citizens, US naturalized citizens or US Permanent Residents, holding a green card, will be considered.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be a member of our Global Cloud Services Monitoring Team. In this challenging role, you will have the opportunity to build next-generation customer-facing cloud monitoring tools. You will also work cross-functionally with multiple teams on the design, architecture and implementation of our monitoring platform that enables self-service monitoring for our customers.
What you get to do in this role:
- Build high-quality, clean, scalable and reusable code by enforcing best practices around software engineering architecture and processes (Code Reviews, Unit testing, etc.)
- Work with the product owners to understand detailed requirements and own your code from design, implementation, test automation and delivery of high-quality product to our users.
- Design software that is simple to use to allow customers to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific needs
- Contribute to the design and implementation of new products and features while also enhancing the existing product suite
- Be a mentor for colleagues and help promote knowledge-sharing
- To be successful in this role you have:6+ years of software development experience
- Experience developing ServiceNow applications with ITOM platform experience strongly preferred.
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Passion for software development and problem-solving
- Ability to act as a Technical Lead and mentor junior engineers
- Deep knowledge of AJAX, JSON, HTML, XML, CSS, REST, High charts and associated frameworks
- Ability to work with Product Managers and design the features technically.
- Responsible for end-to-end feature release process.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and able to run the sprint and create stories
- Understanding of dependency injection, unit-testing principles and functional programming paradigm
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Deep understanding of design patterns
- Review the code and suggest optimal coding standards and code reusability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.