Staff Engineer - Backstage at Spotify
We are looking for a collaborative Staff Engineer to join our Backstage development squads, part of our Platform Developer Experience Organization (PDX).
Who You Are
- You are experienced in building and implementing large-scale systems across various project
- You have extensive experience as a leader, working hands-on in an agile environment
- You have several years of experience working with infrastructure
- You enjoy working with React, TypeScript and Java and have a knowledge of working with GraphQL and build systems
- As a contributor, you have engaged with large scale open-source projects
- Mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams, fostering best engineering practices, is important to you
- You possess a deep understanding of how to translate product and business goals into tech
- You have impact through your communication skills and love sharing your knowledge with others, helping them grow
We are looking for a collaborative Staff Engineer to join our Backstage development squads, part of our Platform Developer Experience Organization (PDX). PDX creates the technology ecosystem that enables Spotify engineering to deliver quickly, while safely and easily scaling to a billion customers. Our area consists of nine squads that reflect the needs and groupings of our internal and open source end user customers. We are an amplifier for productivity, quality, and innovation across Spotify. The Backstage squads are functions within the PDX aiming to a) deliver an open and thriving ecosystem trusted by millions of engineers, one where hundreds of companies collaborate to build the best developer experience in the world and b) lead Spotify into a new era of infrastructure based on an open foundation, bringing an industry leading developer experience. By joining us, you will help play an instrumental role in improving the experience of over 2000+ developers at Spotify as well as a growing open source community. Directly helping Spotify on our journey towards becoming one of the top tech companies in the world.
What You'll Do
- Be a technical leader within Spotify
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate services and systems that serve millions of users
- Be a part of a cross functional team, working closely with internal customers and our open-source community
- Promote sound engineering practices, drive work on technical strategy and roadmaps
- Advocate for unification of infrastructure, tools and languages where clients are similar in structure to lower the cost of ownership and increase the speed of the adopting teams
- You’ll collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and designers to identify and solve challenging problems, creating an awesome engineering experience for our open-source community and internal Spotify engineering teams
- Influence and drive technical projects. Working with teams and partners across the organisation at all levels
- Support in identifying and implementing measurements of success for the team
Where You'll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens. Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 365 million users.