Staff DevOps Engineer, Application Development at Teladoc Health
We are looking for an experienced DevOps professional to join our growing organization. This position will support new feature development across the enterprise suite of products.
- Experience working directly with customers, partners, or third-party developers
- Able to drive a team to achieve goals in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and bring recommended solutions to upper management instead of problems.
- Progressive experience in software development, systems; DevOps/Build & release architecture and design
- Work closely with our development engineers while owning large scale programs and project management
- Prioritizing and organizing and driving execution Hands on approach coding while maintaining structure
- Must have expertise in Container Orchestration using Kubernetes, preferable 1.22.6 or later
- Experienced with Kubernetes containers and orchestration platforms, 5+ years of Kubernetes experience managing Run/Scale, Performance/Stability, Development, and ideally own operational responsibilities
- Preparing the current AWS environment for Azure migration
- Experience with complex software, infrastructure project management and software development team management using Scrum/Kanban/SAFe, Agile workflow methodologies
- Desired Characteristics - Ideally you enjoy being both hands-on and guiding operational oversight with the following:
- Terraform and Ansible – redeployed and rewritten code structure, designing new OS supporting for Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Sifting RHEL to Ubuntu 20.04 to support migration
- Monitoring Migration as we shift enterprise wide to New Relic, Kafka and Jinkins (adhering standard operating procedures) supporting the Azure merger
- Manage software upgrades and Server RStudio Upgrade to RStudio Enterprise Clustered Architecture
- Migrate Kafka and Jinkins to Managed Services Meeting Azure Operational Standards
- Refactoring Terraform
- EKS Migration to 1.23
- Experience with design and implementation of CI/CD/CT pipelines using tools like Jenkins, Git, GitLab, Gradle, Maven, Conan, SonarQube, Valgrind, Artifactory, npm, Selenium, Squish, Junit, etc.
- Experience writing automation scripts using scripting languages such as: Groovy, shell scripting (Bash, Powershell), Python or Ruby
- Experience configuring, managing, and troubleshooting systems of scale (cloud, virtualization, distributed networks, co-location.)
- Experience building and maintaining production systems within the AWS ecosystem and familiarity interacting with the AWS APIs
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle. Experience with version management and ticketing systems such as Git, and Jira
- All while upholding our standards and commitment to excellence
DevOps engineering is critical to building performant, next-generation of Teladoc Health products. If you have a passion for developing (IaC) Infrastructure as Code while Containerizing applications to support our growing organization, proven experience with managing end-to-end solutions architecture, we want to talk with you, today!
We are looking for an experienced DevOps professional to join our growing organization. This position will support new feature development across the enterprise suite of products. You will be leading and directly contributing to the team working to redefine how we build, test, release and run software.
- Directly contribute to feature implementation related to system integration and CI/CD/CT process-improvement efforts.
- Collaborate with Software Architects on how to best design their cloud applications for optimal scaling including content caching, compute optimizations, continuous integration and delivery pipeline, load balancer setup, and more
- · Collaborate with the Product, Software Development, and Quality Engineering teams to define, implement, and govern a state-of-the-art Software Factory, reduce cycle time and increase overall quality and stability
- Collaborate with the Operational, Development and Architectural teams to ensure operational maturity requirements (reliability, availability, scalability, observability, performance, capacity etc.) are met, and recommend operational improvements to them
- Provide technical oversight and guidance to implementation teams, taking into consideration existing system inter-dependencies and the team’s adherence to ITIL and other audited regulatory compliance (HiTrust, FedRAMP) programs
- Influence roadmaps and participate in planning/prioritization activities, coordinate work across multiple development teams
- Advocate DevOps and follow-up on priorities and DevOps maturity/KPIs of product teams
- Interface with internal and external customers to deploy solutions and deliver workshops to educate and empower them
- Collaborate with DevOps Cloud Engineering team on cloud infrastructure best practices and vulnerability patching
- Document systems architecture and design; document processes and procedures
- Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members
- Define a long-term vision for DevSecOps practices that meet the requirements and needs of the commercial platform and application teams
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
The base salary range for this position is $180,000 - $200,000. In addition to a base salary, this position is eligible for performance bonus, RSU’s, and benefits (subject to eligibility requirements) listed here: Teladoc Health Benefits 2022. Total compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to, type of position, location, education level, work experience, and certifications. This information is applicable for all full-time positions.
Why Join Teladoc Health?
- A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
- Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
- Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
- Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
- Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
- Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy.