Staff Back End Engineer, Platform at Altruist Corp
Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone.
What you’ll bring
- 8+ years of experience in software development (preferably Java and Spring)
- 4+ years of experience with cloud providers like AWS
- 1+ years of experience with Infrastructure-as-code tooling and systems like Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience collaborating with product managers, analysts, and other engineering and cross-functional leaders
- Deep understanding of the software development process and desire to find bottlenecks and propose improvements
- Strong ability to work independently
- Experience mentoring other engineers
- Experience designing RESTful APIs
- Experience building and running microservices
- Experience building and running Event Driven Architectures
- Strong grasp over SQL and NoSQL databases like Postgres and technologies like Kafka
- Strong understanding of caching technologies like EhCache and Redis
- Strong working knowledge of Docker/Container technologies like Kubernetes or ECS
Altruist is a fast growing fintech company that's transforming the financial advice industry. Our mission is to make financial advice better, more affordable, and accessible to everyone. We’re a modern custodian built exclusively for registered investment advisors (RIAs). As we disrupt legacy custodians and revolutionize the $100T RIA market, we're seeking exceptional individuals to join our team. If you embody our core values of kindness, brilliance, and grit, and are passionate about making a meaningful impact, we want to hear from you!
About the position
Altruist is entering an exciting phase, and we're looking for a Staff Back End Platform Engineer to join our Engineering team. In this role, you will work with the Architecture group to execute on leveling up the entire engineering platform and improving in the quality and velocity of overall product delivery. This is a full-time role,100% remote, anywhere in the US.
What you’ll do
- Partner with engineering teams to remove obstacles to efficient delivery of high-quality, highly-available, and secure products
- Evangelize and mentor teams on best practices and patterns for cross-team integrations (e.g. APIs, Events, and middleware)
- Work with the Architecture group to spearhead architectural improvement projects across multiple teams
- Partner with DevOps teams to improve development experience
- Develop and maintain core platform services
- Analyze and solve complex problems spanning multiple systems and data sources
- Familiarity with ELK stack and OpenTelemetry to ensure we have consistent logging, monitoring, and alerting built for the services
- Practiced Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- Experience working with huge data sets; being able to consume, aggregate, and summarize data will be a huge advantage
- Domain knowledge of brokerage platforms and financial services
- Geo A salary range - San Francisco Bay Area and NY
Geo B salary range - California, Boston, Washington DC, Seattle, Portland, Chicago, Atlanta, Denver, Philadelphia, Miami
Geo C salary range - All other locations
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Premium Healthcare, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Generous paid parental leave
- 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
- Flexible paid time off
Total compensation includes a competitive benefits package along with equity in the form of Stock Options (ISOs). A salary offer will be determined by a number of factors including experience, skill level, internal pay equity, geographic location, and other relevant business considerations. We review all employee pay and compensation programs regularly to ensure fair, equitable, and competitive pay. At Altruist, we are committed to providing fair, equitable, and competitive compensation by leveraging market data to inform our pay bands. Base salaries will be reviewed at regular intervals throughout the year, typically in conjunction with performance review cycles. By evaluating compensation on a regular basis, we are able to reward high performance and ensure all employees have opportunities for growth.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Altruist we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Employers will see your profile when they are sending a job in your skill.
Create Your Profile (simple)