Sr. Software QA Engineer at Premier Staffing Partners
for this role we need one to Act as lead in the planning, monitoring, control, and execution of testing related activities for the development and QA team
Remote Sr. Software QA Engineer Qualifications
- Minimum 5+ years in quality assurance required or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Test Automation experience required
- Experience in project management practices/software preferred
- Quality assurance certification preferred
- Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Our client is seeking a Senior Software QA Engineer to join their Agile team. This is a fully remote W2 ongoing contract with a potential to hire. This is an exciting role that offers the opportunity to leverage your existing skillset and become grounded in best QA practices.
- Perform functional, device, integration, regression, and user interface testing for products as well as smoke tests for production deployments.
- Develop test plans, test cases, and perform preliminary debugging of issues identified.
- Ensure top-tier quality of web, mobile, and other products and related backend services and APIs, with a focus on our long-term technology roadmap.
- Encourage thought leadership and consulting on quality assurance methodology.
- Lead quality improvements to planning, requirement, development and test procedures and be responsible for the development and implementation of quality assurance processes and tools.
Remote Sr. Software QA Engineer Responsibilities
- Act as lead in the planning, monitoring, control, and execution of testing related activities for the development and QA team
- Oversee and assist with QA activities performed by internal or external testers to ensure that quality processes are maintained throughout projects
- Provide mentoring, coaching, and training for other team members on various quality assurance tools, processes, and procedures
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Develop, maintain, and execute detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test cases and scripts
- Execute, maintain, and analyze automation test scripts
- Execute and record test runs, log and track bugs, enhancements, and usability related issues
Coordinate with business stakeholders, developers, and other project resources to discuss issues identified during testing; assign issues for resolution, if applicable; ensure resolution prior to project completion
- Communicate with support teams to notify them of upcoming project related releases; document potential workarounds or issues discovered throughout the testing process
- Experience with test automation frameworks such as Selenium, Appium, etc., and assisting the test automation team with ongoing API & frontend test automation maintenance
- Experience with device farms such as Perfecto, Sauce Labs, AWS Device Farm, etc.
- Experience testing native mobile applications on iOS and Android
- Test automation tool experience preferred
- Test case management tool experience preferred, such as TestRail, PractiTest, Zephyr Scale and, etc.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with RESTFul APIs to include:
- Functional testing with tools such as Insomnia or Postman
- Performance testing with JMeter
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Experience with databases and related tools and processes, including Microsoft SQL and SSMS
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system and Windows-based applications
- Experience with other testing tools such as SoapUI, Charles Proxy, etc.
- Experience executing jobs and reading execution results with CI/CD platforms such as Jenkins, GitHub Actions, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage time and priorities without supervision
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with internal and external customers
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to communicate with team members of all levels of the organization
- Flexibility to immediately shift priorities and respond to emerging company issues
- Strong organization skills
- Advanced troubleshooting, analysis, and diagnostic skills
Pay: $45.00 - $55.00 per hour
Monday to Friday
Do you require Sponsorship or Corp to Corp to work in the US?
Test automation: 3 years (Preferred)
Software QA Testing: 6 years (Preferred)