Sr Interactive Designer at Amazon
In response to advertiser and end-customer needs, from inception through launch, you will be a design owner and collaborator.
- 6+ years of design experience
- A diverse online portfolio that shows a range of digital and print work
- In-depth understanding of industry design tools (Ex. Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, InVision)
- Understanding of any of the following is desirable: Consumer Electronics, CPG, Automotive, Financial sector, Telecommunications or Fashion brands
- Experience in advertising or marketing is a plus
- Data-driven and obsessed with measurable impact of a campaign
- Strong portfolio demonstrating UX thinking and process, visual design skills, and crafting interactive/digital experiences that solve for a customer/business problem
- Excellent presentation skills and interactive storytelling ability
- Strong organization and collaboration skills
- A fascination with innovation and technology
- Self-starter. Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task
Amazon’s Brand Innovation Lab is looking for a talented and passionate Interactive Designer to create first-class customer experiences both on and offline within the team dedicated to creating advertising solutions across Amazon's internal brands. Our team is focused on helping advertisers promote their brands in new ways on Amazon through creative and innovative solutions. In response to advertiser and end-customer needs, from inception through launch, you will be a design owner. Responsible for delivering ambitious data-driven concepts that translate needs and constraints into simple, intuitive, customer-focused solutions. You will be equally strong at concept and execution, articulating end-to-end experiences, and turning that vision into high-quality experiences. This could include user interface designs for voice and screen, interaction models, prototypes, and interactive advertising campaigns. You balance your passion for inspired, compelling, elegant and intuitive designs with a highly analytical nature, precise execution, and a drive to design, build and deliver.
As part of this team, you will work under the guidance of a Creative Director and collaborate closely with other creatives (including art directors, copywriters, and fellow designers), design technologists, and program managers. Additionally, you will be responsible for communicating with both internal partners (including Sales, product, and engineering teams) and external stakeholders to deliver innovative results through all stages from concept development to final execution.
Key job responsibilities
Be customer obsessed. Think strategically.
• Dive deep on the target audience (considering a brand's target audience as well as Amazon shopper behavior) to find meaningful insights to inform creative strategy and approach to solutions
• Collaborate across multiple teams to drive executions of all types (video, digital, voice integration, AR, VR, etc.)
• Work with program managers to ensure timelines, resources, and budget allocations meet project scope
• Deliver multi-channel brand solutions of the highest standard that balance advertiser goals (KPIs) with customer goals (frictionless commerce)
Earn trust. Be a thought leader.
• Be a creative ambassador. Help build a culture of creative thinking and innovation with internal teams, client and agency partners
• Ensure clear communication upwards and downwards within the team and set expectations you will meet by managing your time and projects, being mindful of those you are collaborating with as much as deadlines
A day in the life
In response to advertiser and end-customer needs, from inception through launch, you will be a design owner and collaborator. Responsible for delivering mid-sized concepts, using data to iterate and improve them, translating needs and constraints into simple, intuitive, customer-focused solutions. You'll be equally effective at concept and execution, articulating end-to-end experiences, and will turn that vision into high-quality design deliverables such as user interface designs for voice and screen, interaction models, design specs, prototypes, and interactive advertising campaigns. You balance your passion for inspired, compelling, elegant and intuitive designs with a highly analytical nature, precise execution, and a drive to design, build and deliver.
About the team
The Brand Innovation Lab team is the internal group within Amazon that creates one-of-a-kind campaigns and activations for global advertisers, like P&G, L’Oreal, Neutrogena, GSK and Unilever. Using all of the different platforms within the Amazon canvas (Custom landing pages on Amazon.com, Alexa, Twitch, Prime Video, etc.), we create campaigns that reach millions of Amazon customers across our digital channels and out in the real-world.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.