Sr. Application Developer at The Myers-Briggs Company
We need one to Work with product owners to gather requirements of upcoming features.
- BS in Computer Science or 7-9 years equivalent work experience
- 7-9 years of experience in full-stack web application development with an emphasis on Front End UI/UX
- Experience working with modern JS frameworks such as Angular, Ext JS, jQuery, etc.
- Experience with REST Services, API design and consumption, JSON
- Experience with relational database design and development
- Experience with one or more of the following database systems: MS SQL Server, Oracle
- Experience with large-scale consumer oriented transactional web site development ideal
- Knowledge of software implementation best practices
- Experience with Microsoft Azure preferred
- Demonstrated communication skills with Development and Program Managers to develop technical specifications for application code
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle and design patterns.
- An interest in and willingness to learn diverse technologies
- Ability to achieve results through working collaboratively with others
- Clear verbal and written communication skills.
Senior Application Developer (full-stack .NET developer)
Remote home office, must be located in Pacific or Mountain Time Zone
This is a full-stack .NET developer role.
You will work with a group of talented engineers responsible for the full lifecycle of web and mobile based offerings. You will partner with product, designers, and other engineers to help build the best products using Microsoft technologies and experiences for the Myers-Briggs company. You will collaborate with stakeholders to identify user requirements, assess available technologies, and recommend solution options.
Responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to, requirements gathering, designing, coding, debugging and testing modifications to existing components as well as new components and features as required by the business. Additional responsibilities will include identification and resolution of software bugs malfunctions to ensure continuity and quality of service for supported business functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops robust components of all application, using Microsoft technologies including front-end UI components and backend services.
- Leads architecture design of new web-based features or functionality.
- Work with product owners to gather requirements of upcoming features.
- Develop and executes robust unit test cases.
- Work with product owners (internal customers) to gather detailed business requirement to build technical requirements related to electronic publishing, ERP systems, and web development projects.
- Identifies areas for re-factoring and architectural improvement.
- Implement and document unit testing on code written
- Applies analysis and design procedures to determine technical feasibility and best architectural patterns to meet goals of business requirements and business goals.
- Uses agile principles and philosophies to drive feature design and analysis.
- Provides mentor and guidance to other development staff.
- Partners with product owners and designers with User interface and user experience design.
- Participates in regular agile meetings
- Write user stories for technical stories and projects.
- Create detailed level design and documentation of individual components
- These job duties and responsibilities are not intended to be all inclusive. Other job duties may be assigned by department manager.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between:
SF Bay Area: $147,400 and $177,900 /year;
Outside of SF Bay Area: $103,100 and $150,400 /year;
however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include discretionary bonus based on achievement of company goals in addition to a full range of health insurance, life, disability, retirement (including 401k) and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, volunteer time dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Our corporate culture is mission driven. We are a certified B Corp and a California benefit corporation, taking all stakeholders (including our employees, community, customers, and the environment) into account to make a positive difference. We have a culture that is emotionally intelligent, aligned, results-focused, cross-functional and committed to the professional development of all employees.
While we’re best known for our products like the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® assessment (MBTI®), our reach extends well beyond a single instrument. We are a group of professionals who provide expertise in the talent development industry, as well as to career counselor and educators and individual consumers. We offer solutions to help improve individual and organizational performance and address whatever people development challenges businesses and professionals face – from team building, leadership, coaching, and conflict management to career development, selection, and retention. Perhaps this is why millions of individuals in more than 170 countries use our products and services each year. Our customers include the majority of the Fortune 500 companies, as well as businesses of all sizes, educators, government agencies, training and development consultants and consumers looking to understand themselves better.
Working at The Myers-Briggs Company gives you the opportunity to make a positive difference, be accountable, experience genuine respect from your colleagues and peers, and feel valued and supported. We work to create an environment that fosters excellence and encourages employees to contribute, learn, and grow throughout their career.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.