Software Quality Engineer at Maxar Technologies
Maxar is currently seeking a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team in San Jose, CA.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, aerospace engineering or related discipline (4 years of relevant industry experience may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree).
- 2+ years industry experience in software engineering field with demonstrable experience in a software quality engineer role.
- 2+ years experience in auditing and assuring software development process/product compliance.
- 2+ years experience identifying software process-related problems, performing root cause analysis, and managing corrective actions.
- Familiarity with Software quality assurance standards (NPR 7150, NASA STD 8739, AS9115, CMMI or comparable Software Lifecyle Engineering standard).
- Familiarity with, AS9100 or ISO9000 Quality Management System and/or related quality systems and programs.
- Must be within driving distance to the Maxar San Jose campus for performing software test surveillance responsibilities on location.
Desired Qualifications (nice to haves):
- Relevant experience transitioning a product from planning, through development, production, and to operations.
- Familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle process.
- Familiarity with Agile Software Development and/or the Scaled Agile Framework is a plus.
- Skills/Knowledge in software quality assurance, software configuration management and control, requirement analysis/traceability, design, coding, and software testing.
- Skills in reviewing, evaluating, assessing, software life cycle artifacts for compliance with standards, and contract requirements and for improvements.
- Familiarity with Jira software and software version management tools such as: Git, CVS, SVN, and Mercurial.
- Experience with Aerospace, space launch, or military or commercial aviation.
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) certification in Software Quality Engineer is a plus.
- Six Sigma Green, Black Belt, or comparable certification is a plus.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Please review the job details below.
Come join the team that is sending the first woman and next man to the moon. You will be helping in the design and launch of the Power and Propulsion element – the foundation of the NASA Gateway to the moon.
Maxar is currently seeking a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team in San Jose, CA. This individual will provide deliverables, support our Software Build and Integration program, and coordinate between Systems Engineering, Safety, Software Development and Support Teams.
As part of a diverse and hardworking team of software specialists and engineers, you will provide Software Assurance for various spaceflight systems by evaluating processes and products for conformity to requirements. You will report to the Software Systems Engineering Manager of Quality, Safety and Configuration Management and assure quality in accordance with software quality assurance plans and processes. You will be responsible for the successful execution of software assurance plans; support execution of Contract Deliverable Line Items in support of customer requirements; Perform evaluations of the software development and software assurances processes and confirm bi-directional software traceability to contract requirements.
You must have a passion for solving complex problems and providing operable solutions; act with minimal direction and on your own initiative; and be adaptable as you will support a variety of applications and systems.
- Evaluate all aspects of software management, engineering, and support from planning through transition to production.
- Assure that the development life cycle and the activities that occur in each phase are compliant with the approved plans, customer requirements, and Quality Management System requirements.
- Monitor and witness verification and validation activities for compliance with approved plans, proper execution of test procedures, accurate recording of results, and capturing/tracking of anomalies.
- Identify areas for process improvement and support process improvement initiatives that drive process, product, and system quality.
- Serve as a quality liaison in the transition from development to production by participating in the stages of software conformity review.
- Provide software supplier oversight.
- Generate metrics and trends for quality assurance, program management, and technical performance.
- Participate in software engineering requirements, architecture, and design reviews. You will make recommendations to enhance software quality of legacy and new software designs.
- Participate in test walkthroughs and code inspections. You will make recommendations for changes, corrections, or improvements as appropriate.
- Monitor and audit complex software development activities.
- Conduct investigations of software process or product anomalies and resolve software quality problems.
- Prepare briefings and submit audit reports to upper management with recommended corrective action or suggestions for improvement.
- Assure that changes are managed, and software work products and documentation are approved and maintained under configuration control.
Maxar employees must follow all applicable Maxar policies and COVID-19 requirements as well as those of Maxar customers and third parties. Individual job requirements may vary, and Maxar reserves the right to modify its policies and requirements as it deems appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.