Software Engineer (Python) at Wellfound
As a Software Engineer at Wellfound, you will be developing new features for Wellfound's web applications.
All of the following job qualifications are desirable, but not necessarily required. We provide training to anyone on our team who is ambitious and eager to contribute to Wellfound with a new skillset.
- 2+ years of experience writing Python
- 1+ years of experience in AWS (preferably with Lambda, EC2, IAM, Step Functions, and RDS)
- 1+ years of experience with relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL)
- 1+ years of experience deploying code with GitLab or GitHub CI/CD scripts
- 1+ years of experience in basic networking (managing subnets, firewalls, etc)
A message from our founder
Wellfound is on a mission to help our elders share their stories with the world, one conversation at a time, and we're growing!
As a member of our small but ambitious team, your work will help define the technology that powers Wellfound's mission. We're facilitating meaningful relationships between our elders and the rest of society through the creative use of modern technologies, and our journey is just beginning. So here's your official invite: add your ambition, creativity, and technical skills to our team at Wellfound, and let's change the way the world interacts with our elders together!
Clayton Bridge, Wellfound Founder and CEO
As a Software Engineer at Wellfound, you will be developing new features for Wellfound's web applications. About 80% of our web apps run on Python's Flask web framework, so you will spend most of your time writing in Python. You will also be responsible for some frontend development using Flask's Jinja2 templating engine.
Most of our backend services run on Amazon Web Services, and you will be responsible for writing CI/CD scripts in GitLab to deploy your code there.
Job growth opportunities
As a Software Engineer at Wellfound, you will have the opportunity to push our team forward by stepping into more advanced technical roles. You could choose to develop new skills to contribute to Wellfound's
- web app frontends using React
- mobile app frontends using Google's Flutter SDK
- mobile app backend functions using Python, Node.js, or Golang
- mobiel app backend infrastructure hosted on Google Cloud Platform
- UI/UX design using Figma
- You will also have opportunities to grow into leadership roles for future development projects.
- Benefits of working at Wellfound
- work from anywhere - we're a fully remote team!
- flexible working hours
- 4+ weeks of PTO, plus 10 paid holidays every year
- reimbursement for health insurance premiums
- reimbursement for gym membership
- paid maternity/paternity leave
- grow your skills with free training courses and events (e.g. Udemy, Treehouse,
- work at a company that is making the world a place you like living!
Employers will see your profile when they are sending a job in your skill.
Create Your Profile (simple)