Software Engineer II at TDS Telecom
The Software Engineer II (Remote) is responsible for application design, development, testing, and problem resolution with significant autonomy and independence.
- Associate's degree (or higher) –OR- 2+ years of professional work experience.
- 1+ years experience in software development or testing.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, practices, and tools.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies, practices, and tools.
- Knowledge of one more programming language used by the team.
- Knowledge of software testing practices and tools.
- Knowledge of problem solving techniques and tools.
- Ability to travel as needed for company business and professional development.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed for system implementations and resolving system problems.
- Knowledge of business analysis practices and business process modeling.
The Software Engineer II (Remote) is responsible for application design, development, testing, and problem resolution with significant autonomy and independence. The scope of work includes small system enhancements to participating in major system projects. Periodic mentoring, feedback, and supervision are provided by senior technical staff and management.
Applications may include custom-developed software, commercially packaged software, or open-source software. Software may consist of on-premise applications, cloud-based software, and services, hybrid configurations, integration tools, or business workflow tools.
This position has the ability to work remotely in any of the 40+ states in which TDS operates.
TDS Telecom, headquartered in Madison, Wis., employs 3,100 people and is a subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. [NYSE: TDS], a Fortune 1000® company. Founded in 1969, Telephone and Data Systems provides wireless, broadband, video, and voice as well as hosted and managed services to approximately 6 million connections nationwide through its businesses: UScellular, TDS Telecom, and OneNeck IT Solutions. Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. has been named to several Forbes lists, including America's Best Employers for Diversity, Best Large Employers, and Best Employers for Women. Visit tdsinc.com.
- Develops, tests, and fixes defects in application software from overall application designs prepared by senior staff under the general direction of a Senior Software Engineer or higher.
- Designs application software at the module level under the general direction of a Senior Software Engineer or higher.
- Creates work estimates (effort and duration) of work assignments for inclusion in project plans under the general direction of a Senior Software Engineer or higher.
- Resolves routine technical problems with systems under the general direction of a Senior Software Engineer or higher.
- Maintains working knowledge of the systems and tools within the scope of the team's responsibility. Maintains working-level knowledge of software development best practices, tools, and methodologies.
- Actively participates in quality and continuous improvement initiatives within the scope of the team's responsibility.
As a part of your total compensation, #TDS provides a comprehensive, competitive benefits package. This benefit plan addresses both the immediate and long-term needs that you and your family may have. For an overview of what we have to offer for full-time employees including vacation, health benefits, and retirement options, please click here.
At TDS, we embrace Equal Employment Opportunity by valuing our differences and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by law. To learn about our diversity & inclusion philosophy and culture, click here!
Employers will see your profile when they are sending a job in your skill.
Create Your Profile (simple)