Software Engineer II at Solera
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer - C#, .NET. The Senior Software Engineer will implement and maintain code to support our driver monitoring systems.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- 3-5 years of Software Development Experience
- 4-6 years of C# and database experience (SQL Server)
- C#, .NET Core, .NET Framework, API (REST, SOAP)
- Prior work experience in and understanding of Agile Development
- Relational databases experience
- Unit-testing is required
- Advanced parsing of various data exchange formats (XML, JSON, fixed width, delimited, etc.)
- Frontend experience a plus (.NET Web Forms, Razor Pages)
- Microservices is a plus
- TDD preferred
- Fluent in English both Written and Verbal
- Effectively prioritize and consistently deliver results within expected timeframes.
- Quickly learn new technologies and programming languages
- Consistently demonstrate a positive attitude and openness to change
- Take strategic direction from management
Who We Are
Solera is a global leader in data and software services that strives to transform every touchpoint of the vehicle lifecycle into a connected digital experience. In addition, we provide products and services to protect life’s other most important assets: our homes and digital identities. Today, Solera processes over 300 million digital transactions annually for approximately 235,000 partners and customers in more than 90 countries. Our 6,500 team members foster an uncommon, innovative culture and are dedicated to successfully bringing the future to bear today through cognitive answers, insights, algorithms and automation. For more information, please visit solera.com.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer - C#, .NET. The Senior Software Engineer will implement and maintain code to support our driver monitoring systems. The role will encompass engaging with Business Analysts, Software Developers, and Software Quality Assurance Analysts to understand system requirements, deliver high-quality software following Solera’s development standards and best practices, and collaborating with team members for software design and code reviews. Tasks may include work with legacy client systems as well as contributions to design and implementation of microservices and web applications.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with Product Management and business stakeholders to ensure proper application design and clear specifications
- Develop new applications to meet agreed specifications
- Analyze & maintain current applications & processes
- Diagnose & troubleshoot problems
- Modify existing software to correct errors and improve the quality, reliability, productivity and performance of the application
- Make recommendations for improvement & innovation
- Analyze system specifications and translate system requirements to manageable & measurable tasks
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company’s needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
SOLERA HOLDINGS, INC., AND ITS US SUBSIDIARIES (TOGETHER, SOLERA) IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. THE FIRM'S POLICY IS NOT TO DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY APPLICANT OR EMPLOYEE BASED ON RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, GENDER, AGE, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, MARITAL STATUS, MENTAL OR PHYSICAL DISABILITY, AND GENETIC INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER BASIS PROTECTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. THE FIRM ALSO PROHIBITS HARASSMENT OF APPLICANTS OR EMPLOYEES BASED ON ANY OF THESE PROTECTED CATEGORIES.