Software Engineer I at JB Hunt
We need one to Implement web designs that are asynchronous, responsive, and provide a rich user experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science, Engineering, Technology or related field, or foreign equivalent, or suitable combination of education, experience and training; experience in Software Development or Computer Engineering or related field using technologies such as:
- Microservice, application programming interface design, publisher/subscriber, event driven, and streaming architectures. Example tooling can include but are not limited to Java 11+, .NET, C# and associated frameworks, AMQ and Kafka
- Implementation, performance management, and testing of relational databases (RDBMS) such as IBM DB2 or Microsoft SQL Server, NoSQL databases such as MongoDB also preferred
- Cloud based containerization and deployment strategies. Common tools can include Kubernetes, docker, and tomcat
- React Native framework or iOS/Android development experience
- Bachelors: Computer and Information Science (Required), Bachelors: Computer Engineering (Required), Bachelors: Information Technology (Required), Bachelors: Management Information Systems (Required)
J.B. Hunt is building an entirely new platform to enable their internal and external potential. The position is responsible for development tasks assigned during the Agile sprint. This position documents programs, develops and implements new features, and supports critical web applications' layer architecture and various back end systems supporting the platform and other digital initiatives. The position will learn J.B. Hunt's technology and business processes as they develop technical skills.
- Participates in development efforts in an Agile development environment, daily stand ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, retrospectives, and sprint demos
- Implements web designs that are asynchronous, responsive, and provide a rich user experience
- Develops and implements new features that meet J.B. Hunt’s standards in performance, reliability, and maintainability
- Troubleshoots and solves production issues related to performance and reliability throughout the software stack with assistance from other team members
- Tests and validates functional changes according to documentation provided: Testing includes logical validation using unit and mutation tests, and functional validation via integration and UI tests. Results of testing procedure are to be used as input to trigger additional investigation, alteration of existing test cases, or further troubleshooting to resolve newly-introduced issues
- Executes and releases builds using continuous integration and deployment using our current CI/CD applications and processes.
- Participates in analysis and design tasks with the Agile team using software development lifecycle concepts
- Works within a collaborative environment and contributes to team goals by offering open and honest communication and helping to meet deadlines
Job Opening ID:
00482343 Software Engineer I (Open)
“This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.”
J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc. is committed to basing employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, persons with disabilities, protected veterans or other bases by applicable law.