Software Engineer - Full-Stack at Guidewire Software, Inc.
Guidewire is searching for a smart, proactive, and results-oriented Senior Software Engineer to build sophisticated solutions for the property & casualty insurance industry's complex business domain and make our industry-leading products even better.
Key qualifications include experience with:
- Experience with a market leading client-side framework (e.g. React, Angular) is plus.
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit/Integration Testing, etc
- Object-Oriented Design using SOLID and Hexagonal design principles
- Experience building secure software and knowledge of security practices
- Experience working with Open-Source frameworks (e.g. Spring, Jersey, Drools, others)
- Understanding of relational database persistence (e.g. MySQL, Oracle). Familiarity with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, CouchDB) is a plus
- Agile development practices
- Experience designing REST or gRPC based APIs
- Cloud Services (e.g. AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Technical design and leadership of features from inception to release
- Mentoring less experienced engineers
- Maintaining and promoting a healthy codebase and ensuring high quality of products
- A typical candidate has a Computer Science degree or equivalent.
Our employee Culture
Guidewire is searching for a smart, proactive, and results-oriented Senior Software Engineer to build sophisticated solutions for the property & casualty insurance industry's complex business domain and make our industry-leading products even better. The product development team is looking for an enthusiastic engineer who is passionate about building high-quality software with a phenomenal team and improving the customer experience for millions of people who use our products every day.
You will have the opportunity to make an impact and contribute to a complex application suite of products that generate over 500 million dollars of revenue annually, mission-critical to 400+ enterprises serving more than a million users. Guidewire provides outstanding software for the second-largest financial services industry in the world: insurance. We deliver the core applications that Property and Casualty (P/C) insurers use to build their products, sell policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. The SaaS solutions delivered via Guidewire Cloud enable our customers to rapidly innovate and drive measurable value. Guidewire Cloud is powered by the highly resilient Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructure, with SLAs backed by experienced Guidewire teams and SaaS-certified partners spanning application management, system administration, security and compliance, upgrades, QA testing, health checks, and other services.
The successful candidate will work on the entire technology stack, from the core persistence layer through to the Web Application front ends.
Our teams are lean, empowered, and collaborative. You must be a self-starter and able to perform with minimal supervision while working alongside intelligent colleagues who've checked their egos at the door in a team environment, communicating effectively with everyone. We've built a strong culture, and we're looking for engineers who can help us maintain it.
Successful software engineers at Guidewire typically have:
- Enjoy working collaboratively in an empowered, small, cross-functional team
- Experience working in an agile and fast paced development environment (e.g. TDD, BDD, Agile, pair programming, etc.)
- A passion for code quality demonstrated by thorough testing
- A desire to be hands-on in designing and writing code
- Curiosity and internal motivation to constantly improve
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills, comfort level to speak their mind and defend ideas based on merit, yet humility and hunger to learn from others
Key qualifications include experience with:
Experience with a market leading client-side framework (e.g. React, Angular) is plus.
Familiarity with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit/Integration Testing, etc
Object-Oriented Design using SOLID and Hexagonal design principles
Experience building secure software and knowledge of security practices
Experience working with Open-Source frameworks (e.g. Spring, Jersey, Drools, others)
Understanding of relational database persistence (e.g. MySQL, Oracle). Familiarity with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, CouchDB) is a plus
Agile development practices
Experience designing REST or gRPC based APIs
Cloud Services (e.g. AWS/GCP/Azure)
Technical design and leadership of features from inception to release
Mentoring less experienced engineers
Maintaining and promoting a healthy codebase and ensuring high quality of products
A typical candidate has a Computer Science degree or equivalent.
Our employee Culture
Who We Are
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 450 insurers, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
For more information, please visit www.guidewire.com and follow us on Twitter: @Guidewire_PandC.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or [email protected] If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail [email protected] to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.