Software Engineer - Front End/UI at Brave Software Inc.
- Strong frontend expertise and at least 3-5 years of experience
- Experience with backend web application development and frameworks (Ruby on Rails preferred)
- Experience with software development via distributed development teams
- Comfortable working in an open source setting
- A passion for helping protect users’ privacy and security
- Written and verbal communication skills in fluent English
- Proven record of getting things done
Nice to haves
- Experience with OAuth
- Familiarity with the world of cryptocurrency, especially Ethereum and Solana
Brave is on a mission to protect the human right to privacy online. We’ve built a free web browser that blocks creepy ads and trackers by default, a private search engine with a truly independent index, a browser-native crypto wallet, and a private ad network (opt-in!) that directly rewards you for your attention. And we’re just getting started. Already 50 million people have switched to Brave for a faster, more private web. Millions more switch every month.
The internet is a sea of ads, hackers, and echo chambers. Big Tech makes huge profits off our data, and tells us what’s true and what’s not. Brave is fighting back. Join us!
Working at Brave
- Industry-leader in privacy, with a research and engineering team that’s innovating everyday to keep people safer online and beat Big Tech
- Highly competitive salaries & benefits, and generous home-office stipends
- Fully remote team (no office, no commute)
- Welcoming, humble, ridiculously smart teammates, and a truly flat org structure
- Opportunity to get in early at a hyper-growth company, and revolutionize the web
- United States Candidates: The salary range for this role is $130,000 - $180,000 USD, depending on experience.