Software Engineer (Front End) at Amplify Education, Inc.
We are looking for an excellent front-end developer, who has experience creating interactive and visual applications (e.g. games, simulations, “Explorable Explanations” or data visualizations)
Requirements Of Software Engineer (Front End)
- These requirements are a wish list, and we’d love to hear from you even if you don’t meet all of them. The ideal candidate:
- has several years of experience in developing interactive web-based experiences (e.g. games, simulations, web apps or explorable explanations);
- understands modern web technologies like Canvas, WebGL, web components, SVG, touch/pointer events;
- has worked with GitHub, NodeJS, and THREE.JS, as well as platforms like React Native, Vue or Angular;
- understands the importance of great UX to create delightful, intuitive and meaningful experiences;
- has a strong background in mathematics and computer science, for example a relevant university degree;
- loves mathematics and is excited about sharing this love with others.
A pioneer in K–12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products help teachers identify the targeted instruction students need to build a strong foundation in early reading and math. All of our programs provide educators with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of every student. Today, Amplify serves more than 10 million students in all 50 states. For more information, visit amplify.com.
Amplify is a leader in creating immersive, rigorous digital learning experiences that look great, play great, and help students expect great things of themselves. Amplify has been described as the best tech company in education, and the best education company in tech.
As an engineer at Amplify, you will join a talented team tackling the toughest problems in education with the best ideas in technology – including user experience, APIs and services, data analysis, and deployment pipelines. You’ll play an active role in imagining and improving product design and the classroom experience.
Amplify’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all staff to provide proof of vaccination for in-person meetings unless an approved exemption is provided.
About this Role
- Mathigon is a small team within Amplify, and our goal is to make online learning more interactive, colourful and engaging than ever before. Our tools are used my millions or students and teachers all around the world – as well as other authors and creators within our company.
- All our external resources are completely free to use (take a look at mathigon.org/polypad) and much of our code is open-source (at github.com/mathigon). Our team is entirely remote, but we will regularly meet for in-person events, either at the Amplify HQ in New York or other locations.
- We are looking for an excellent front-end developer, who has experience creating interactive and visual applications (e.g. games, simulations, “Explorable Explanations” or data visualizations) using technologies like TypeScript, NodeJS, SVG, Canvas or WebGL. Mathigon is primarily web-based, but we also have mobile apps for iOS and Android that use ReactNative.
- You will be working closely with engineers, teachers, UX designers and product teams from different teams all across Amplify. You will help design intuitive and delightful user experiences, and solve interesting engineering challenges: from building highly scalable real-time collaboration, to equation editors and mathematical function plotting, working with physics engines, or rendering 3D polyhedra.
What we offer:
Salary is only one component of the Amplify Total Rewards package, which includes a lucrative 401(k) plan, incentive stock options, competitive health insurance and mental health options, basic life insurance, paid time off, parental leave, and access to best-in-class development programs. The gross salary range for this role is $101,000 - $131,000. This role is eligible to receive an annual discretionary bonus that rewards individual and company performance.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.