Software Engineer - Embedded at Meta
We need one to Contribute to code bases written in Java, C, C++, Python for Android, and automated testing.
- 6+ years of Software Engineering experience.
- 6+ years experience coding in C/C++, Java, Python, or Android.
- 3+ years of experience in a field which uses Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, HDMI, cellular, GPS, etc., or related technology.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Experience in embedded software development for consumer electronic products.
- Experience in implementing or integrating Wi-Fi, preferably on a widely available platform like Android or iOS, or a system which employs the Linux WPA supplicant.
- Experience with the certification processes of one, or many of these technologies.
- 6+ years of experience in a field which uses Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or related technology.
- Experience in implementing Bluetooth Host Stack features, profiles, audio, BT/Wi-Fi coex, etc.
Reality Labs at Meta is building products that make it easier for people to connect with the ones they love most, enjoy top notch wire-free VR, and push the future of computing platforms. We are a team of world-class experts developing and shipping products at the intersection of hardware, software and content.Reality Labs team is seeking Embedded Software Engineers with strong design and build skills, experience with low-level systems software and device driver programming and experience with shipping hardware/software products. This person will be an integral member of the team, responsible for embedded software design and optimization with a concentration on connectivity and wireless SW stacks for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Core Android networking, etc. This person will also be involved in developing solid testing platforms while working on a variety of domains to enable new experiences for augmented reality, virtual reality and social/family products.
Software Engineer - Embedded (Connectivity) Responsibilities:
- Work on new connectivity/wireless software stacks (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, UWB, etc.) to shape the future of these technologies.
- Work on the existing connectivity/wireless software stacks (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth) to improve and meet product needs.
- Work on implementing automated certification, functional, and compatibility testing.
- Work on root-cause issues reported by QA and customer feedback in wireless domains.
- Contribute to code bases written in Java, C, C++, Python for Android, and automated testing.
- Work closely with a team to solve issues and create new features in the connectivity space.
- Provide support to QA, manufacturing, and other software teams.
- Understand complex systems with wireless interfaces.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]