Software Engineer (DevSecOps) at CSEngineering
This position is supporting the Air Force to lead the charge in changing the face of Software/IT throughout the DOD with the Platform One centralized team.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Security Clearance: Secret (to start)
- Passion for Agile and DevSecOps methodologies.
DOD Enterprise DevSecOps Ref Design:
- Familiar working in an Agile Environment,
- Familiar with Lean Manufacturing Principles,
- Familiar with User-Centric Design,
- Familiar with a platform (AWS, K8s, GCP, Azure) that supports modern Software Development teams,
- Understands the Cloud computing use case,
- Familiarity with automation tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or using APIs with development.
- Has used containerization tooling like Docker Swarm, Docker Compose, Cloud Foundry, etc.,
- Has written any applications in Golang,
- Strong understanding of YAML,
- Strong understanding of declarative configuration.
- Knows what a container is and has used them in their at-home projects,
- Has used docker for deploying services.
Has a strong understanding of Network Security Policies and Access control lists.
- Understanding of CI/CD (Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment),
- Understanding of Version Control, Git, etc.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Clearance with SCI
- Ability to occasionally travel to Hill AFB, UT.
- Must be a United States Citizen
CSEngineering is looking to add a DevSecOps Software Engineer to our growing team! This position is supporting the Air Force to lead the charge in changing the face of Software/IT throughout the DOD with the Platform One centralized team.
Platform One is a cutting edge, newly created centralized team providing DevSecOps/Software Factory Managed Services with baked-in security to DOD programs. It is comprised of multiple Air Force and DOD Software teams, including Cloud One, with a common goal of making the DOD enterprise DevSecOps initiative (DSOP) a reality. They will achieve this by leveraging industry best practices, open-source software such as Kubernetes and containers, and commercial solutions to instantiate DevSecOps continuous integration (CI)/continuous delivery (CD) pipelines at various classification levels.
Platform One will help in building an infrastructure-agnostic platform to support the DoDs vast infrastructure options (including Government clouds, on-premise, disconnected and classified environments), with the ability to deploy a DevSecOps platform (Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) Kubernetes compliant) with accredited and secured hardened containers built from the DoD Centralized Artifacts Repository (DCAR) in order to support the DoDs ability to field operational capabilities faster.
Please follow this link to information about Platform One
The DevSecOps Classified Onboarding Support Team focuses on developing, maintaining, and onboarding onto the Platform One shared environments at multiple security classifications to include Unclassified, Secret, and Top Secret environments. All members are required to have or be eligible for TS/SCI clearances.
This position will use Agile frameworks such as Kanban and Scrum, or others as agreed to by the Government, as needed, and shall ensure all product backlog are properly defined and sized. This position shall support an Agile environment where the scope of work can and will change at any time as needed. Outlined below are the critical requirements for this work:
- Modify and develop new CI/CD pipelines to support a wide variety of software languages and software product teams.
- Work with software development product teams to troubleshoot different aspects of Platform Ones CI/CD pipelines or other developers issues.
- Continuously monitor and deploy Platform One software products into a multitude of classified and unclassified environments.
- Support the IT operations of multiple Platform One unclassified and classified systems.
- Create, develop, and modify documentation to support in-person and virtual onboarding and support.
CSEngineering was founded in 2002 with the mission of being the best engineering and services firm in our industry while achieving the highest level of client satisfaction. CSEngineering has significant past performance with satellite systems, weapons and missile systems, naval architecture and engineering, aviation systems, and IT and Enterprise Architecture. We have come a long way since we were founded and now also provide services with focuses on logistics, item management, administration, equipment specialization, program management, configuration management, financial management, LAN operations, information technology and maintenance, development and operation of missile system laboratories, the operation of data collection systems, database, and information management support, and demilitarization processes. We could not achieve this without the dedication of our employees to their work and the clients we serve. Additionally, CSE is a Hire Vets Gold Medallion award recipient. The HIRE Vets Medallion Award is the only federal-level veterans employment award that recognizes a company or organizations commitment to veteran hiring, retention, and professional development. CSEngineering truly values its people, wants them to love their jobs, and to build their careers with us. We are forever dissatisfied with status quo and are always looking for a better way to do things, not so much out of competitiveness, but out of a desire to simply be THE BEST and to lead our industry.
CSE offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, and paid time off.
CSE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.