Software Engineer - Developer Experience at Catawiki
As a part of the team, you’ll be making sure scalability and reliability aspects are built-in and being delivered on all steps of the development lifecycle, ensuring smooth operations.
A little bit about you...
You are a technologist who is passionate about the development lifecycle and the developer experience. In addition, you’ll be that person who can help our team build the best solutions for our engineers to increase the reliability and resilience of their code. While helping them το be more productive. You leverage systems design and automation and effectively solve and communicate problems. Next, to this it’s likely you’ll also have:
- High problem solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases
- Experience in designing, implementing and deploying SDKs, CI/CD systems, BE services
- Experience with distributed event systems
- Passion for details and a great level of pragmatism
- Nice (but not essential) to have
- Practical knowledge of Kubernetes and other Cloud Native technologies (Docker/Helm)
- Practical experience with Kafka and Redis
- Practical experience with Ruby or Go
- Practical knowledge of how to maintain and develop an API ecosystem
Who are we
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across exceptional objects such as these every single day. As Europe’s fastest-growing online auction platform, our mission is to make special objects available to everyone.
In fact, 10 million users are buying and selling on Catawiki every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent.
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 as a platform where collectors could manage their collections online. Yet, times change, ideas evolve, and in 2011 we hosted our first online auction and we haven’t looked back since! We’ve now grown to 650+ Catawikians working across 7 International offices and are proud to have maintained our start-up mentality.
What’s the job
The Developer Experience team is part of the Catawiki Platform team and is responsible for the systems, services and tools that enable our engineers to become more efficient, productive and happy. We:
- Build and deliver SDKs and CLIs to our engineers
- Build and deliver shared services and libraries across our Vertical teams
- Build our CI/CD pipeline
- Guide engineering teams on best practices and approaches
Here’s Sebastian, one of our Senior Engineers
“Hi! I am Sebastian! I have been working for Catawiki for 2 years and I keep learning a lot as I’m morphing through different iterations of our Platform team to keep up with business requirements, the growth of the development team and our service.
As Catawiki grows and matures, so must we, and the Runtime and Developer Experience team has taken over the responsibilities to provide from development environments to CI/CD, while providing the tools and guidelines for the rest of the development team.
You'll move in sync with…
As a part of the team, you’ll be making sure scalability and reliability aspects are built-in and being delivered on all steps of the development lifecycle, ensuring smooth operations. While you will get the opportunity to mentor and help teams and individuals to succeed in their daily jobs as developers/engineers providing examples, tools and sessions to share knowledge.
Our tech stack
- Ruby / Go / Python
- CI/CD - CircleCI/ArgoCD
- Google Cloud
- Redis / Kafka
Here’s what we can offer you
This is your chance to become part of a fast but sustainable growing tech company! You will have an exciting role in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. You'll be part of an enthusiastic, highly motivated team of 700+ international Catawikians; you'll have big responsibilities and can really create something. Additionally you can expect:
- An attractive Stock Options package
- Working with a top notch team acting on a champions league level in a super complex dynamic environment; you will learn a lot!
- A diverse and international team with over 50 different nationalities.
- A great office located in the heart of Amsterdam with an easy-going atmosphere.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- Tailor-made trainings to facilitate your personal and professional growth
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plans everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
And there’s more! Paid holidays, holiday allowance and a fantastic pension plan paid for by Catawiki.