Software Engineer Cloud DevOps at Samotics
This is a position for a senior software engineer with at least 5 years of relevant coding experience. You are a confident and experienced software engineer.
Who should apply?
This is a position for a senior software engineer with at least 5 years of relevant coding experience. You are a confident and experienced software engineer. We're looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
Mandatory skills and experience
- Proficiency in coding in Python
- Broad experience with the AWS suite of services
- Experience building and improving high-quality CI/CD processes using Jenkins
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant software development experience in a professional environment, ideally combined with a computer science background or related (e.g. electrical or mechanical engineering or physics)
- Experience working in fast-paced environments where production deployments take place multiple times a day
- Keen on exploring and implementing new technologies
- You truly own the job and responsibilities that come with it
- Experience with any or all of the following is a big plus!
- Terraform and/or Docker
- Relational and non-relational databases such as:
- PostgreSQL / MySQL / MSSQL
- DynamoDB / Cassandra / MongoDB
- Prior professional experience working in scale-ups
What you will do
Core areas you will work on as a Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer - IaC:
- Support and improve the company’s cloud infrastructure - we are heavy users of AWS using 20+ services
- Support and improve automation processes, using Terraform and Python - our Infrastructure as Cloud tooling
- Propose, design, and implement security improvements
- Support and improve data science pipelines
- Support and optimize the daily deployment of new software versions
This is a position requiring initiative, sound judgment, and a high level of proficiency in software engineering.
How we work
The development team uses its own simple, practical, and functional methodology, allowing you to fully focus on software engineering without having to switch tasks.
You will work based on the principle of freedom and responsibility.
We take pride in combining professionalism, trust, and very few meetings.
The development team
The software engineering team currently consists of 9 experienced developers working on a large architecture covering a wide domain, from signal processing on our edge devices through dashboarding for different user groups. Continuous improvement and daily deployments are at the heart of the high level of quality we deliver.
Since we work on cutting-edge technology, we use an up-to-date stack:
- Python to orchestrate our infrastructure
- AWS - we’re using a broad range of AWS services (20+).
- The team prefers to use Linux distributions for their development environments
Qualified candidates for this position might have one of the following professional backgrounds - but not limited to:
- DevOps / CI/CD: a specialist in CI/CD, with solid experience in DevOps, combined with AWS experience (preferred) or similar (Azure, GCP). Excellent coding skills, preferably in Python.
- Back-end Development: An experienced backend software engineer with excellent coding skills preferably in Python and AWS knowledge, combined with up-to-date knowledge on security.
- Site reliability engineer (SRE): with proficiency in coding in Python.
What we offer
- A salary range of €65–85k annually, plus holiday allowance of 8%
- The chance to work on cutting-edge technology that affects industry worldwide
- A fun and professional company culture based on the principle of freedom and responsibility
- Daily fresh lunches and healthy snacks (order your favorite soups or salads on our dedicated Slack lunch channel)
- A growing scale-up led by experienced entrepreneurs and managers with a solid track record