Software Engineer (C#/Angular) at Jack Henry and Associates, Inc.
We seek a software engineer who will join our ImageCenter group to provide transaction processing, ATM deposit management and fraud prevention solutions for the financial industry.
What you’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 3 years of practical software engineering experience (can be professional, apprenticeship, co-op, and/or internship).
- Experience working with C#/.Net frameworks.
- Experience working with solutions using Typescript, Angular (or other modern SPA framework), Entity Framework.
- Ability to work effectively as a small, nimble, focused development team interacting with internal and external customers.
What would be nice for you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Experience with large and complex implementations in SQL Server.
- Knowledge of SQL, stored procedures, and triggers, including performance awareness and troubleshooting techniques.
- Experience with Microsoft .NET development, in particular ASP.net, ADO, and WCF/Rest-based Web Services.
- Knowledge/prior experience working in the financial industry.
- Experience working on agile, ideally SCRUM, development teams.
At Jack Henry, we deliver technology solutions that are digitally transforming and empowering community banks and credit unions to provide enhanced and streamlined user experiences to their customers and members. Our best-in-class products are just the start as we lay the groundwork for the future of digital banking and payments. We hope you’ll join us. We can’t do it without you.
We seek a software engineer who will join our ImageCenter group to provide transaction processing, ATM deposit management and fraud prevention solutions for the financial industry. The purpose of this position is to contribute to technical strategy, product requirements, product suite architecture and oversee specific areas of technical design, implementation, and integration activities as necessary to meet current and developing business requirements.
In this role, you would be responsible for understanding requirements analysis and conceptual / implementation / data modeling; and then contributing to key areas of technical application design / implementation / integration, through to delivery and support for ImageCenter’s software solutions. You would play an important role by participating in product technical design and implementation and contributing to our never-ending improvements in software engineering practices.
This position can be based to work out of any Jack Henry office or remotely within the U.S. Travel up to 10% for team meetings and trainings is required. Salary range for this position is $55-105k, depending on candidate experience and geographic location.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Review business and technical requirements and overall project plans to assist in defining or refining standards, ensure adherence to standards, and to facilitate the transfer of knowledge throughout the development staff.
- Collaborate with developers, QA, operations, and management to provide technical assistance with requirements analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Adhering to the software conceptual, implementation, and data models to deliver optimal performance and deployment flexibility.
- Assist in the definition and implementation of development plans in a team environment. Develop and (unit) test major subsystems and system components as an individual contributor.
- Ensure timely, effective, and quality deliver of software into production.
- Participate in training/technical knowledge sharing with peers, including review feature designs and code, suggest alternatives, pro/con analysis.
- May perform other job duties as assigned.
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this opportunity. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement on this posting, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet motivated people who align with Jack Henry’s mission and can contribute to our company in a variety of ways.
Why Jack Henry?
At Jack Henry, we pride ourselves through our motto of, "Do the right thing, do whatever it takes, and have fun." We recognize the value of our associates and believe much of our company’s strength and success depends on their well-being. We demonstrate our commitment by offering benefit programs to ensure the physical, mental & financial wellbeing of our people is always met.
Culture of Commitment
Ask our associates why they love Jack Henry, and many will tell you it is because our culture is exceptional. We do great things together. Rising to meet challenges and seeking opportunities is part of who we are as an organization. Our culture has helped us stay strong through challenging times and we credit our dedicated associates for our success. Visit our Corporate Responsibility site to learn more about our culture and commitment to our people, customers, community, environment, and shareholders.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business—and our society—stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education, training, social, and recreational activities to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by local, state or federal law.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.
Requests for full corporate job description may be requested through the interview process at any time.