Software Engineer at UtilityAPI
in this role, You will be writing application code and helping maintain/optimize/scale the Python stack.
- * U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, or non-expiring Visa not requiring sponsorship
- * At least 1 year of Python work experience, and in-depth knowledge of Python Language
- * HTTP (an understanding of methods, cookies, headers, etc.)
- * Regular Expressions (you need to have a pretty solid understanding of these)
- * CSS Selectors (you need to be comfortable using them)
- * Git, SSH, GPG (basic understanding)
- * Experience with web scraping tools such as Selenium, Scrapy, Mechanize, etc.
UtilityAPI is a mission-driven company that is fighting climate change by helping solar, storage, energy efficiency, and energy management companies access the utility bill and usage data they need for their projects. Lack of access to data is a key chokepoint for many companies in renewable energy, and our automation helps shorten the sales cycle and lower their customer acquisition costs. Our customers love us.
We have a diverse leadership team and we value the insights that a diverse team can bring. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been traditionally underrepresented and underestimated in tech, including women, people of color and people with disabilities.
You will be writing application code and helping maintain/optimize/scale the Python stack. You will write scripts that collect data from utilities, and these scripts can break unexpectedly when utilities change their interfaces, so being able to update them quickly is important. Our codebase (Python, Django, Celery) is well organized, documented, and tested. You are welcome to work remotely in the United States or in our office in downtown Oakland, if we return there.
REMOTE WORK: OK (U.S. Only)
* Salary $70-85k, depending on experience and location
* Stock options
* Medical, dental, vision insurance
HOW TO APPLY
https://goo.gl/forms/YICrUuz7XNjiTcId2 and fill out our application
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $85,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance