Software Engineer at The Hartford
This person will be part of a maintenance team responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of about 20 applications built on various technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 1+ years of experience.
- Must be Authorized to work in the United States of America.
- Must have hands on experience with the technologies listed below:
- Java or .net
- Oracle PL/SQL or SQL Server programming
Nice to have:
- ETL tools (Informatica or Talend)
You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
This job posting is for a software engineer role within Claims IT organization. This person will be part of a maintenance team responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of about 20 applications built on various technologies. This person is expected to be adaptable and a quick learner to support different types of user stories.
- Estimate, design, build, test and deliver high quality code
- Develop and test fully functional components
- Troubleshoot and resolve application issues including performance
- Collaborate with team members to define requirements, solution architecture, and delivery planning activities
- Contributes for design, estimate, build, peer-review, and test practices with minimal supervision
- Contributor to Engineering Culture
- Teamwork, critical thinking, and effective communication
- Thorough understanding of databases, ETL and application integration services
- Understanding of tradeoffs as they relate to design, libraries and frameworks
- Object Oriented Programming expertise
- Awareness and working knowledge of code quality tools
- Expertise in using IDEs, technology frameworks and any toolkits used for development
- Testing skills, awareness and proficiency
- Organization skills, prioritization, deadlines, managing expectations
- Creativity, critical thinking, decision making
- Self-driven, continuous learner
- Significant exposure to Software Engineering practices, source code management including versioning, branches and issue tracking, code quality rules and governance, automated testing and use of testing frameworks
- Devops CI and CD automation, configuration management, alerts and monitoring
- Software quality practices including peer reviews
- Find opportunities for continuous improvements in software delivery practices
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$80,480 - $120,720