Software Engineer at redhat
In this role, you'll work on the Open Data Hub project, an open source end-to-end AI and Machine Learning (ML) platform designed for OpenShift.
What you will bring
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science or other related disciplines
- Experience developing Kubernetes operators or controllers
- 3+ years of experience with Python, Golang, or other similar languages
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
About the job
The Red Hat AI Services team is looking for an experienced Software Engineer with a passion for building Kubernetes-native applications to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you'll work on the Open Data Hub project, an open source end-to-end AI and Machine Learning (ML) platform designed for OpenShift. You will help architect and develop MLOps capabilities in the Open Data Hub by incorporating existing open source projects into the platform as well as creating custom Kubernetes operators and controllers. You’ll work as part of a global, agile team inside the world's open source leader with constant opportunities to learn new skills and create innovative solutions to meet our customers' needs.
What you will do
- Participate in and contribute to upstream open source projects in the MLOps space, like Kubeflow Pipelines, kfp-tekton, and ModelMesh Serving
- Develop custom Kubernetes operators and controllers, written in Golang, to extend functionality of MLOps component services
- Mentor more junior members of the team to help grow and develop their careers
- Work with product management to understand requirements and architect solutions to satisfy them
- Work closely with teams across Red Hat to understand the company’s full Hybrid Cloud strategy and promote a vision for how the Red Hat OpenShift Data Science offering fits in it
- Create a team culture of continuous improvement and delivery of data-driven results
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account - healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account - high deductible medical plan
- Retirement 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Paid parental leave plans for all new parents
- Leave benefits including disability, paid family medical leave, and paid military leave
- Additional benefits including employee stock purchase plan, family planning reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, transportation expense account, employee assistance program, and more!
Note: These benefits are only applicable to full time, permanent associates at Red Hat located in the United States.