Software Engineer at Polco
As a developer at Polco, you'll jump right into the role, learning our stack and collaborating with other teams to deliver value to our users.
Who You Are
- You have experience with at least one programming language and are either familiar with others or can ramp up on another very quickly
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, a related field or professional industry experience
- You have an understanding of software development fundamentals and experience with core web technologies
- You have 2+ years of experience
- You aren’t afraid to think big—we want to change the world and no idea is too outlandish
- You are self-driven and have strong communication skills
Bonus points for:
- GraphQL and Apollo
- Automated Testing
- Mobile first or responsive design
- Data engineering and analytics
- Heroku or other cloud infrastructure services
Polco is Hiring Software Engineers!
Polco is looking to add insightful and creative Software Engineers who want to improve cities and communities by building great civic engagement software. We’re looking for a tenacious problem solver who loves a challenge and is excited by the pace of a startup.
Who We Are
Polco is dedicated to transforming how local governments, representatives and community organizations interact with the communities they serve. We’re all about civic engagement and creatively bringing new and innovative technologies to the front lines of democracy. Our team comes from every walk of life and all corners of the political spectrum, but we’re all problem solvers at heart. Polco is designed to bring people closer together regardless of who they are, where they come from or how they think. We appreciate and celebrate these differences among our team, too. After all, we’re building something that everyone needs to love, so a broad range of diverse perspectives is important. We don’t look for people with perfect resumes or who “fit the mold.” We look for people who can make our team better.
In this role you will…
As a developer at Polco, you'll jump right into the role, learning our stack and collaborating with other teams to deliver value to our users. In this role, you'll work with the Product Team to understand requirements and business value. Developers at Polco are generalists and we work together as a team to meet our goals and deliver value to our users.
- Write clean, high-quality code and adopt test-driven development and Agile practices.
- Work with a small, cross-functional team and partner closely with product, design and internal stakeholders to find elegant but practical solutions to technical challenges.
- Be a team player. You thrive on seeing your team succeed and do what you can to help everyone meet their goals.
- You'll be an early team member, with the opportunity to have a major impact on our product, our culture and the overall business.
Why work with us?
- A significant chance to improve how government (and maybe even politics) works
- We're on an awesome stack
- Remote-first work environment
- The excitement of being with a rapidly growing tech company
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Benefits package including dental, medical and vision coverage
- Flexible work hours and paid time off
- Home office setup stipend