Software Engineer at Osano, Inc., A Public Benefit Corporation
The ideal candidate is a full-stack engineer with hands-on experience developing modern web applications and working in an agile environment.
- You’re a full-stack developer with 2+ years experience, preferably in the world of SaaS. You’re passionate about thoughtful and efficient design + functionality!
- You enjoy challenging puzzles and bring flexibility + creativity to problem-solving. You’re eager to learn, explore new problems and technologies, and take risks to make a big impact.
- You’ve worked with modern API design + architecture (RestAPIs, AWS, Git controls), and you may have some familiarity with CI/CD GitHub Actions, automated testing, and Terraform.
- You bring hands-on experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks, as well as Scrum/Agile/XP development methodologies.
- Lastly, you thrive in a remote environment. For us, that means being curious, proactively communicating, and bringing ingenuity and initiative every day.
Osano is consistently innovating and delivering new features to its core suite of products, and we want to accelerate our delivery of new products within the fast-growing privacy market. We’re hiring a curious + creative Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering teamto build out our Vendor Risk Monitoring product!
Osano is an Austin area, venture-backed startup focused on creating transparency in data. Osano is a B-corp (public benefit corp), which means that, although we are a for-profit company, we are mission-oriented, and we wake up every morning with the goal of doing well by doing good.
- Collaborate with Engineering + Product teams to build new features into Osano’s Vendor Risk Monitoring product to increase value for our customers and help safeguard web user privacy.
- Create functional, accessible, and aesthetically pleasing user interfaces while also considering the backend architecture. You’ll own small-to-medium features from technical design-to-completion with guidance.
- Develop web applications against modern web service APIs (REST, Postgres, etc).
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
- Transform basic requirements into elegant designs and performant web application solutions.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product managers, test engineers, internal stakeholders and customer experience teams to efficiently deliver software solutions.
- Collaborate with engineers to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices. You’ll also mentor others as our team continues to grow and they develop in their career.
- Be ready to grow through self-initiated learning and company-driven programs!
- We’re a welcoming team that's dependable, curious, moves fast, and full of talented people!
- We’re a B-corporation with a mission that matters, and we’re in a high-growth space with even more potential.
- You’ll become a privacy expert, including the opportunity to obtain your Certified Information Privacy Technologist credential.
- You'll have access to our training program, well-defined career paths, and a leadership team that values professional development!
- Fair-pay compensation (provided below) and ownership interest/equity!
- Unlimited paid time off + a requirement to take at least two weeks off per year.
- We're a Best Place for Working Parents and offer paid parental leave for all new parents + we believe that family (however you define it) always comes first.
- Osano sponsors individual premiums at 100% and dependent premiums at 50% for Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance via Aetna.
- A fully + permanently remote company so you can work from anywhere in the U.S.
- Receive a Macbook + $1,000 to craft your home workspace
- Annual company trip designed to foster connection, creativity, and having fun!
- Mental health benefits with free memberships to mindfulness + talk therapy services
Depending on your skill and experience, you can expect stock options + your annual compensation to be somewhere between $105,000 and $125,000 upon joining the company.
A bit more about Osano
We're an easy solution to data privacy laws! Osano is a data privacy platform that instantly helps websites become compliant with laws such as GDPR and CCPA. Osano works to keep companies out of trouble and monitors all of the vendors they share data with – so they don't have to.
We value candidates from all walks of life and are focused on building a diverse team. If you don't exactly meet all of the below requirements, don't let that keep you from applying. We're looking for people who are eager to learn and grow with us. If you're interested in being part of our inclusive, mission-driven, venture-backed tech startup, say hi!
Osano is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, neurodiversity, parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We value what makes us different and want to see how you can make our team better!
We are happy to provide accommodations to make the interviewing process inclusive and comfortable. You’ll have an opportunity to request accommodation before your first interview.
Employers will see your profile when they are sending a job in your skill.
Create Your Profile (simple)