Software Engineer at Orion Health
You will be part of our cross-functional, agile development team working in our Horizon Line of Business. In the exciting ever evolving world of digital healthcare the way patient electronic health record is shaped, managed and shared needs to meet new standards.
What you will bring to the role:
- Experience: Solid experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of distributed systems. Preferably experience using Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Characteristics: Inquisitive, detailed oriented and with a problem-solving mindset. Great team player and communicator, comfortable in a rapidly changing environment. Proactive and confident in working independently. The ability Be to mentor and grow junior developers.
- Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or engineering. Preferable AWS Certified solutions architect - Associate.
Do you want to work for a company that is innovating and making a difference to the health and wellbeing of people all over the world? We’re not about selling meaningless, unnecessary products for corporate profitability. You’ll be working on technology that will revolutionise global health systems so that we can finally get the healthcare we all want - a basic human right.
We like to think of ourselves as a community of start ups where you can be your true, genuine self. Each of our product teams have the autonomy to decide how they operate and contribute towards our mission of providing each person with the right care at the right time and in the right place.
Orion Health is excited to be expanding our galaxy by recruiting for a number of stellar individuals to join our team to help us deliver to our global customer base. If you want to climb aboard the rocketship and help us revolutionise global health systems, astronomical opportunities await.
What will you be doing?
You will be part of our cross-functional, agile development team working in our Horizon Line of Business. In the exciting ever evolving world of digital healthcare the way patient electronic health record is shaped, managed and shared needs to meet new standards. Our clinical data repositories, interoperable APIs and extraction tooling continues to be enhanced to match emerging requests from our Customers. This team is responsible for maintaining and developing the deployment platform used by most of Orion Health applications, together with core services such as authentication and patient identity management. You will be immersed in a culture of collaboration, learning and software engineering excellence that will equip you with the skills to become a successful Senior Software Engineer.
As a Software Engineer, you will be:
- Engaged with all aspects of development right from design, to delivery and support
- Fully involved with helping to steer best practices and approaches adopted by the team
- Encouraged to think creatively and be confident in making suggestions
- Able to develop solid and well-structured software that will play a key role in the successful delivery of the solution
- Participate in the way clinical information is modelled and shared in an open healthcare ecosystem, with the chance to be exposed directly to stakeholders
What’s in it for you?
- We recruit quality and retain talent! We offer a competitive benefits package, including:
- Competitive salary and incentive packages; position is full-time, salaried
- 20 days of paid annual vacation leave; 5 days of paid sick leave; 11 paid holidays
- 90% Medical, Dental & Vision Premium paid by Orion Health for 2022
- 401k program with company match; life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability paid for by the company
- Work with high-end hardware and systems
- Flexible, social and professional company culture; position is currently remote with hybrid possibility.
- We support our Orionites keenness to learn and grow by providing unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning
- If this sounds like you we would love to hear from you!
- Background checks will be required upon an offer of employment.
ORION HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, veteran or disability status, sexual preference or national origin. Reasonable accommodations will be made during the interview process upon request to assist those candidates with disabilities. We comply with E-Verify requirements.
Background checks will be required upon an offer of employment.
NOTE: We are unable to sponsor visas or work authorizations at this time.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Are you authorized to work in the US without the need for sponsorship now or in the future?
- What are you salary expectations?