Software Engineer at Mutual of Enumclaw Insurance Company
As a member of the IT team, supports departmental projects and programs involving the assigned specialty area, and strategic IT initiatives. Cross-trains to broaden capabilities in the assigned IT specialty area.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a high level of quality control standards and apply standards in all aspects of testing, research, and throughout the software development life cycle
- Ability to be effective in both remote and corporate settings
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with teammates, stakeholders, and other partners in both written and verbal formats
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field preferred
- Professional education and Certifications preferred
- Proven experience as a Software Developer or similar role
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Experience with applications and services provided in AWS or other cloud providers is preferred
- Experience with databases
- Experience with project management concepts
- Job level and salary commensurate with experience
Overview: Mutual of Enumclaw was founded in 1898 by local farmers who wanted to look out for each other. That spirit continues to define our company culture. We are committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. Our employees are proud of our thoughtful approach to insurance, and it shows. In November 2021, for the tenth year in a row, we were recognized as one of Washington’s 100 Best Companies to Work For by Seattle Business magazine (based on a survey of our employees).
Mutual of Enumclaw works exclusively with local independent agents to offer insurance products for individuals, families, farms, and businesses. We currently operate in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Montana and Wyoming._
At Mutual of Enumclaw, we strive to deliver an insurance experience so rare and valuable that it can’t be found elsewhere. We accomplish this by bringing a thoughtful approach to the protection of our members’ financial security. Through this approach, we hope to continue to build a thriving organization, trusted by its members, that stands the test of time.*
The Software Engineer, with general guidance/supervision, performs routine, well-defined analytical, applications and software development, programming, maintenance, and project tasks according to established methods, industry, and Company standards.*
As a member of the IT team, supports departmental projects and programs involving the assigned specialty area, and strategic IT initiatives. Cross-trains to broaden capabilities in the assigned IT specialty area.*
Candidates having more experience may be considered for a Sr. Software Engineer position; compensation and position will be commensurate with education and experience.
This position will be remote and/or located at our Home Office in Enumclaw, WA. If remote, candidate can be located in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Arizon, Montana and Wyoming, and must be able to work during our core Pacific Standard Time (PST) business hours and must have high speed internet *(internet speed test required).
Potential bonus 5%*
Benefits include but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, cash balance and 401(k) plans with company match; life insurance; employee discount on personal insurance; wellness reimbursement program; paid parental leave and an annual bonus plan.
- Exemplify behaviors that support our IT vision and beliefs
- Collaborate with the Agile team to develop, refine, and implement user needs
- Develop and test software to meet the needs of the customer
- Monitor quality and performance of applications through testing and maintenance
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Actively participate in Agile ceremonies to remove blockers, refine stories, plan
- Sprints and review functionality with our business stakeholders
- Provide production support for applications/services to internal and external customers
- Provide demos of work in front of large groups of stakeholders and team members
- Role may include opportunities for specialized and/or temporary assignments
- May be called on to work outside normal business hours