Software Engineer at LegalShield
We are seeking a capable Software Engineer to join our Solutions and Network Engineering team. Our team updates, creates, and maintains state-of-the-art tools and interfaces for key areas of our business-to-business and network channels.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Excellent time-management skills and commitment to meet deadlines
Preferred (helpful but not required):
- Proficiency with dotnet (.Net) core framework
- Experience with relational database technology (e.g., MySQL, Postgres, or equivalent)
- Well-rounded experience with multiple operating systems, virtualization technologies, and test environments
Help us achieve our mission to provide affordable legal access and identity protection for all, through the interface of leading-edge technology! The product and engineering department at PPLSI (aka LegalShield) is the cornerstone of all technology and product focused developments for the company. We are a diverse and skillful team encompassing software engineering, product development and management, data engineering, security operations, and systems engineering for the company. Together we work to create, preserve, and improve well-functioning, well-designed, multi-platform systems and products for both internal and external customers. If you thrive in a collaborative environment of talented, supportive, results-driven, and customer-focused teammates, this is the place for you!
We are seeking a capable Software Engineer to join our Solutions and Network Engineering team. Our team updates, creates, and maintains state-of-the-art tools and interfaces for key areas of our business-to-business and network channels. You will partner closely with product management, engineering leadership, design, quality assurance (QA) and your fellow engineers to implement a best-in-class technical experience.
We are an engineering culture that is bent on enabling our business objectives with thoughtful and beautiful engineering. Working here means you get to wake up every morning looking forward to applying your software skills in ways that matter. Sound fun? Come join us and have an impact!
Summarized, our tech stack going forward is a mix of React frontends calling dotnet microservices, hosted in AWS on top of the (stellar) Aurora database platform. More details below:
- Design and implement UI primitives (contributing to internal open-source frameworks)
- Design and implement products used by external customers and service providers
- Display deep passion and understanding of the customer scenarios and needs.
- Write reliable and tested code including unit testing and CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous delivery) pipeline contributions.
- Engage in ongoing personal study of modern technologies, especially as applicable to quality assurance.
- Participate in daily scrums, story creation/sizing/updating.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with team members.
9312 Product Information Engineering and Technology
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
PPLSI conforms to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any concerns, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any concerns or otherwise oppose discrimination.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process, please contact Human Resources at: