Software Engineer at Insurance Technologies
We need one to Maintain proficiency in technical and standards related to assigned projects.
Professional Qualifications - Skills and abilities required:
- Strong object oriented design and programming skills.
- Ability to understand mathematical formulae using summations, product functions and similar constructs.
- Ability to work independently and “do what it takes to get the job done.”
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated to seek out knowledge and stay abreast of new technology trends.
- Ability to process and apply feedback.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for interfacing with both teammates and clients.
Education and Experience Required:
- A Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
- Skilled with .NET and C#.
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Preferred Skills, Education and Experience:
- Understanding of n-tiered web development.
- Insurance/Annuities industry experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in software development using Microsoft tools and technologies including C# and/or C++.
- Current Microsoft certification(s): (MCPD) – Windows Developer 4 and/or (MCPD) – Web Developer 4
- Experience with a version control system like Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Experience with .NET parallel programming.
- Competitive employer paid medical, dental, vision, 1 x annual salary of life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability insurance and parking.
- Pre-tax savings programs: 401k with employer match and flexible spending accounts.
Hexure is the leading provider of insurance illustration and electronic fulfillment solutions for the financial services industry. The Actuarial Software Engineer is responsible for all facets of software development, understanding of architecture, software best practices and software languages appropriate for the position. This position is a fully remote position.
Primary responsibilities include:
Establish and maintain quality software modules, document and maintain all code assigned and follow software development standards and processes.
- Maintain proficiency in technical and standards related to assigned projects.
- Design, write, and unit test own careas ode to ensure modules are bug-free and of the highest quality.
- Own all assigned work, provide accurate estimates on work to be completed and status of ongoing work.
- Understand debugging tools and techniques to identify and resolve errors.
- Attend company sponsored training classes to expand and strengthen knowledge base.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee incumbent in this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $68,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Have you taken college level algebra courses, or higher?
Are you willing to work flexible hours to meet with team members in India?
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- coding: 3 years (Required)
- C# and C++: 3 years (Required)