Software Engineer at Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
Nisum is a leading global digital commerce firm headquartered in California, with services spanning digital strategy and transformation, insights and analytics, blockchain, business agility, and custom software development.
- We will place candidates at an appropriate position level based upon their skills, experience, and qualifications. Successful candidates generally meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), or a closely related field, or have an equivalent combination of directly related education and/or experience.
- Three or more years of information technology experience directly related to architecture and development of software solutions, ranging in complexity from department-class to enterprise-class.
- Have an intermediate (or higher) understanding of industry software development methodologies, standards, and frameworks. Have proficiency with automated testing and the use of modern CI/CD pipelines using DevOps tooling (e.g., Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo, GitLab, Maven, Nexus, Fortify, Sonar, etc.).
- Proficient in agile software development principles and methods.
- Adopt a big picture view, with an inclination for simple, re-usable solutions.
- You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless the Bank grants an accommodation based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
- Some positions have additional screening requirements due to the information accessed while performing the job. These additional screenings would be initiated at the time of offer acceptance and can take up to a couple of months to be completed. You can begin work before the screening is completed; however, continued employment is contingent on acceptable screening results. The areas screened may include education/employment verification,
- criminal history, credit history, and reference checks.
- Some positions require United States citizenship
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
Software Engineer Evergreen Positions
Targeting Software Engineer Experience through Software Engineer Advanced Positions (levels 2-4 out of 5)
When you join the Federal Reserve—the nation's central bank—you'll meaningfully contribute, collaborating with leading tech professionals to strengthen and protect our economic, financial and payments systems. We dedicate more than $1 billion to technology each year to support the Federal Reserve and our economy, and we're building a dynamic and diverse team for our future.
Bring your passion and expertise, and we'll provide the opportunities to challenge you and propel your growth—along with multiple benefits and perks that support your health, wealth, and life.
In addition to great compensation package, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes tuition assistance, paid time off, top-notch health care benefits, child and family care leave, professional development opportunities, a 401(k) match, pension, and more*. All brought together in a flexible, and inclusive work environment where you can find balance.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City is looking for Software Engineers to join our software delivery teams that work on a broad set of programs in multiple computing environments. Examples of positions that we hire for include Java Software Engineers, Cloud Engineers and Python Engineers.
You will report to the Information Technology Manager.
We offer employees in the Kansas City, Denver, and Omaha areas flexibility to work from home up to 80% of the time. Fulltime Remote will be considered for employees outside these areas.
- Our collaborative teams create products and solutions using some of the following technologies but not limited to Java, Angular, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Blockchain, AWS technologies like S3, API Gateway, EMR, Kinesis, Lambda, EKS, SQS, Aurora and DynamoDB.
- Our engineers use the principles of software engineering to design, implement, configure, and optimize applications, databases, test automation tools, and integrations with Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) products to support business solutions that serve the mission of the Federal Reserve System.
- Successful engineers work in collaborative team environments, embrace agile delivery methods and have experience with technology with a willingness to embrace learning to meet the ever-changing and evolving technical landscape.
- Our engineers also perform troubleshooting, root cause analysis, are engaged in incident and service request management and provide on-call support for supported products and environments.
We offer benefits that go beyond the basics featuring:
Market-leading Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Employers will see your profile when they are sending a job in your skill.
Create Your Profile (simple)