Software Engineer at Ancestry
In this role you will be focused on web development of our category-leading Ancestry Genealogy product.
- 3 or more years related experience
- Development experience with REST, JSON, SOA, HTTP, and Microservices
- Understanding of software development processes, including SOLID principles, Agile methodologies and CI/CD
- (Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $116,000 annual and eligible for bonus, equity, and comprehensive benefits including health, dental and vision. Read more about our benefits HERE.
- Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
When you join Ancestry, you join a human-centered company where every person’s story is important. We believe that by discovering the struggles and triumphs of our past, we can foster deeper bonds and more meaningful connections among families and communities. Our talented team of scientists, engineers, genealogists, historians, and storytellers is dedicated to empowering customers around the world from all backgrounds on their journeys of personal discovery.
With more than 30+ billion digitized global historical records, 100+ million family trees, and 20+ million people in our growing AncestryDNA database, Ancestry helps customers discover their family story and gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Passionate about dedicating your work to enriching people’s lives? You belong at Ancestry.
Ancestry is seeking a Software Developer to join our team. You will join an impressive team of developers, designers and product managers who have built some of the world’s most compelling products, producing the world-wide leader in two categories, family history and consumer genetic testing.
- Build scalable micro-services using Node.js
- Manage resources using Amazon Web Services
- Collaborate with Product Management, Marketing, US, and Research
- Consistently write useful tests for all code developed
- Deploy and run software on a fast-moving team that embraces CI/CD
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.