Software Development Lead at Dart Container
This position will also analyze processes, identify needs and perform relevant activities and maintenance tasks for systems according to operational and business needs.
Core Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in STEM fields preferred, OR
- Associate’s degree and six (6) years of IT experience, OR
- High school diploma or equivalent and twelve (12) years of IT experience
- Six (6) years of experience with software development, system analysis, or leadership of the delivery of technical work
- Experience with software solution adoption, integration and deployment
- Excellent verbal and written skills necessary in order to communicate intricate job-related processes to internal and external customers
- Ability to effectively manage and execute multiple tasks, projects and priorities
- Ability to maintain composure and adapt in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused work environment characterized by rapid change, minimal lead times, and multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership
- Ability to effectively present to an audience
- Ability to travel up to 10% domestically and internationally
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license and passport
- Requires a favorable motor vehicle report upon hire
- Additional work hours including weekends and holidays as required
The Software Development Lead will support the respective IT Manager by working with different Information Technology groups to manage the day to day project/support tasks in the team they lead. This position will also analyze processes, identify needs and perform relevant activities and maintenance tasks for systems according to operational and business needs.
- Support the IT Manager in the management of day to day project and production support tasks in the workstream
- Allocate development and/or functional activities to team members, report statuses, and resolve impediments for the team to make progress
- Collaborate with IT team members to prioritize tasks as applicable
- Lead analysts and/or developers on the team to translate user requirements into IT system/functional requirements and/or technical specifications to build solutions that adhere to best practices
- Support Portfolio and Project Management processes, including estimating project work effort
- Establish time requirements through "effort estimation" for an assigned task. Lead assignment completion with accurate results in the estimated time frame.
- Mentor and coach members of the team to build well-integrated and scalable designs as per business needs
- Perform system configuration and/or development as needed
- Play a leadership role in building solutions/teams involving business and/or IT personnel
- Lead the integration of solutions in related process areas. This may include working with internal or external vendors or customers to build and troubleshoot solutions and issues.
- Work closely with ERP analysts, developers, and enterprise architects to adhere to unit, string, integration and regression testing standards using the defined defect and quality management tools
- Ensure confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information including data
- Work with partners to identify tasks that will be developed by external resources
- Work with partner leads to facilitate on-time and quality product delivery
- Work with partner leads to facilitate capability transfer from external resources to Dart Team members
Dart is unable to employ those who currently live in and expect to work out of any of the following U.S. states: Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Virginia and West Virginia, however relocation to the Mason, Michigan area may be considered in lieu of full time remote work.
Overview: Dart makes everyday products that give people the freedom to enjoy the food & drinks they love, wherever they are. From to-go containers and dinnerware to tamper-evident food packaging and even the red Solo cup, Dart products have been keeping people on the go and having fun for more than 50 years. Dart is a family-owned, family-focused company of 13,000 employees united by a shared set of values. Headquartered in Mason, MI, Dart has 30 locations in four countries.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
Dart Container is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are subject to a drug test (excluding THC*/marijuana/cannabis) and background check at the time of offer.
THC testing ONLY when such testing is required by law.
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for the application process, you should call Dart at (800) 545-3278 Ext 3370 or email us at [email protected] Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state.
If you experience difficulty applying online, you may call (800) 545-3278 Ext 3390 or email us at [email protected] for assistance.