Software Developer - Node at Nortal
this role is considered a senior-level Software Development Engineer and skilled technical contributor, applying experience towards adapting and learning technologies.
Required Skills and Abilities
- AWS Cloud infrastructure knowledge
- NodeJS. - NestJS (nice to have)
- Familiarity with Java programming practices and frameworks
- Familiarity with REACT and front-end technologies (nice to have)
- UI/UX design experience (nice to have)
- B.S./B.A. degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Experience and knowledge of SDLC principles.
- Experience defining front end architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
- Experience with open-source technologies (Node.js, React Native, React.js)
- Experience developing highly interactive user experiences, and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability on the client side.
- Development experience defining, developing, and maintaining REST based interfaces.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
- The ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
Nortal is a remote-first, global software consultancy specializing in modern custom software development. We employ CI/CD processes across agile, distributed teams delivering highly performant, scalable, cloud-native applications for Fortune 100 customers. The US headquarters is in Kirkland, WA. We have over 1100 employees worldwide.
This team is responsible for delivering high quality code to support our client’s badging business functions. The project spans a gamut of coding challenges from a sophisticated REACT/REDUX front end down to leveraging Windows USB drivers to control a connected DSLR camera. Engineers are expected to be extremely flexible to shifting business priorities. This role is being introduced to help with a migration from the clients proprietary internal hosting to an AWS cloud-based architecture and CI/CD deployment system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads effort on multiple feature implementations in a project.
- Creates deployment scripts to automate system deployment.
- Articulates the agile principles and their meanings to new team members and can run stand-ups if needed.
- Creates documentation that conveys technical concepts and approaches to technical stakeholders.
- Presents brown bag presentations on technical topics.
- Identifies project and personnel conflicts to account management and delivery leadership.
- Influences teams to improve project trajectory.
- Assists in interview cycles through hands-on paired programming and provide insight into a candidate's overall fit for Nortal.
- Implements new tools and frameworks to support application architecture.
- Breaks down work for team members with less experience.
- Creates software to automate deployment of applications to production environments.
- Manages test data for integration and/or UI tests.
- Diagnoses, fixes, and coordinates the deployment of bug fixes (this must be done quickly under emergency conditions).
- Collaborates with Nortal employees or works solo to conduct technical presentations.
- Collaborates with team members to support production environments including debugging, ticket investigation and resolution, and performance analysis and performance debugging.
- Build and develop serverless application features using NodeJS and applicable frameworks.
- Provide leadership to fellow team members regarding NodeJS specialization.
- Ability to communicate complex technical situations to non-technical business stakeholders.
- Identify project and application scope expansions that will provide additional value to the client.
APPLY FOR A JOB
We like to say that Nortal is a right-sized company – big enough to undertake and impact influential projects yet small enough to care. At Nortal, your voice is heard, and everyone’s input matters. You solve critical problems for interesting customers from different domains. You work with experienced colleagues in a warm environment. You are able to execute your ideas in a reasonable time frame. And what you do and learn here are universally relevant and valuable. Last but not least, Nortal is an agile company with low hierarchy – meaning heavy on common sense, light on rules, and substance is more important than titles!