Software Developer - JAVA API-Jr to Mid-level at General Dynamics Information Technology
As a member of our Agile development team, you will support several complex and high-volume customer systems.
- 2+ of related experience in software development
- Experience with JAVA and developing/maintaining backend APIs.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- U.S. Citizen with existing or the ability to pass a Public Trust background investigation
- Knowledge of REST API, JSON.
- Experience using API test cases in SOAP UI, PostMan, or ReadyAPI.
- Experience with common web development frameworks (Angular, Docker, React, Spring, Node.js, jQuery, Microservice Design, etc.)
- Experience with GitLab DevOps/CI/CD platform
- Experience with an IDE such as eclipse.
- Experience with SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) or Agile/Iterative software development methodology
- Interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude.
- Critical thinking, problem solving skills, written, and oral communication skills.
- Personal accountability, organized, self-motivated, and demonstrates initiative.
- At GDIT we build cutting-edge applications that help the end user accomplish their mission.
- GDIT is your place. You make it your own. Bring your creativity to help us find simple solutions to complex problems.
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking a technical, self-motivated Software Developer to join our team to support an essential modernization program for the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Federal Student Aid. As a member of our Agile development team, you will support several complex and high-volume customer systems. The ideal candidate would have experience developing in Java and building Representation State Transfer (REST) Application Programming Interface (API) solutions.
- Creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e., software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, and test-driven development).
- As a member of a scrum team, actively participates in daily scrum meeting to report on development status on assigned stories/tickets and raise impediments impacting delivery
- Participates in Program Quarterly Incrementation Planning sessions to assess work and establish development goals.
- Develops and executes automated tests (interface and unit), analyzes test results, take corrective action and/or recommends moderately complex corrections to more experienced software engineers.
- Supports integration, functional, system, and customer acceptance testing to provide troubleshooting support during development phases.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU:
- Full-flex work week
- 401K with company match
- Challenging work that makes a real impact on the world around you
- Diverse, highly collaborative teams
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.